Forum Home» Phones & TV

Mis-sold? Prestige Telecoms

New Post Advanced Search

Mis-sold? Prestige Telecoms

3 replies 63 views
Smithy06Smithy06 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I received a call from Prestige Telecoms getting me into a 36 month contract. Wasnt give full information prior to signing contract & what they said on the phone differs to there terms and conditions. Less than 24hours if signing I called to cancel, they said I cant as they dont offer a 14 day cool off period. I explained that if i knew i would not have signed. They said I would need to pay over £1000 to get out of the contract. Anybody else used this company & managed to end the contract for free due to being misrepresented. Any Advice would be great as really upset. 

Replies

• littleboolittleboo Forumite
    790 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    what product(s) is the contract for? Is it a business contract?
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is their not a big thread on this ??
  • Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smithy06 said:
    I received a call from Prestige Telecoms getting me into a 36 month contract. Wasnt give full information prior to signing contract & what they said on the phone differs to there terms and conditions. Less than 24hours if signing I called to cancel, they said I cant as they dont offer a 14 day cool off period. I explained that if i knew i would not have signed. They said I would need to pay over £1000 to get out of the contract. Anybody else used this company & managed to end the contract for free due to being misrepresented. Any Advice would be great as really upset. 

https://www.prestigetelecomgroup.co.uk/faq (under the "I want to question something in my contract" entry):
    "Prestige Telecom Group sell exclusively to businesses"

This is why you do not have a cooling off period, cooling off periods do not apply to business contracts, they are an entirely different kettle of fish to domestic contracts.  There is a phone number and email address under the  above entry you may want to get in contact with.
    And this is also why you should never agree to anything over the phone.