Authorisation codes

Options
I feel I can't be the only one who has trouble getting authorisation codes to my mobile. I live in an area where we don't receive signal, therefore whenever I am requested to renew an account or need one to pay for items I am unable to do so. Whenever I can, I request they send it to my landline number or my email address but I often find this cannot be done. I have complained several times but I am not getting anywhere. Does anyone else have this problem?  

Comments

• smudger1964
    smudger1964 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 June 2020 at 9:19PM
    Options
    I feel I can't be the only one who has trouble getting authorisation codes to my mobile. I live in an area where we don't receive signal, therefore whenever I am requested to renew an account or need one to pay for items I am unable to do so. Whenever I can, I request they send it to my landline number or my email address but I often find this cannot be done. I have complained several times but I am not getting anywhere. Does anyone else have this problem?  

Yes I couldnt get a signal at home on tesco mobile(o2) so tried out a few sims and both 3 and EE gave me a signal at home so changed networks.I used to have to put phone down garden on a table then do the banking thing ,run down garden get phone where it got text .I got fed up with this so changed network
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Get some free Sims from all the other networks and see which one provides the best signal where you are.  Then request your PAC Code and switch to it.

There are only 4 mobile phone networks in this country - Vodafone, o2, EE and Three.  Everybody else piggy backs onto one of these, so if you don't get a signal on, say, GiffGaff, which piggybacks onto o2, its probably safe to say you won't get a signal with Tesco or Sky either as they use the same network.
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    1) If you have an Android phone then you can probably switch on Wi-Fi Calling which may help. Additionally if you have a Samsung phone, switch on RCS in messaging (this may also work in Google Messages for any android phone) and you may also be able to receive messages via wifi

2) Most places that require 2FA/MFA may also allow the use of an App (e.g. Microsoft / Google Authenticator) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback