Flight booking not cancelled

I've seen a lot of advice about what to do if flights/holidays are cancelled but what if they aren't? I've got a flight booking with BA (booked before the virus was a problem) for a 2 week break which is getting closer and closer but still not cancelled. The destination is still enforcing quarantine so no point in going. If we get to the leaving date and it's still not cancelled, what are my options for getting my money back?
  • Is the only option from the airline a voucher/reschedule?
  • Can my travel insurance help? Should I claim before I'm due to go or after I've missed the flight? (I have a permanent / open ended travel policy)
  • Can I only claim on my credit card if the airline didn't provide the flight and didn't refund it or went bust?

Comments

• couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Where & when might help in getting more answers
  • We have a flight with Ryanair for July 18th to lanzarote we have decided to postpone this due to covid now the original flight Which is still currently flying was £1800 the new flight in 2021 is £1200 Ryanair say I will lose the £600 difference AND want a further £625 to change the flight to the new date.
    Racketeering comes to mind surely this can’t be right It’s certainly not being fair 
    what could we do ?
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Weggsie said:
    We have a flight with Ryanair for July 18th to lanzarote we have decided to postpone this due to covid now the original flight Which is still currently flying was £1800 the new flight in 2021 is £1200 Ryanair say I will lose the £600 difference AND want a further £625 to change the flight to the new date.
    Racketeering comes to mind surely this can’t be right It’s certainly not being fair 
    what could we do ?
    Same post made in the Coronavirus section. Please don't duplicate around the site. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback