Hays Travel - need contact details to resolve issue / complaints

Options
Hi everybody,
Does anybody have the contact details for Hays Travel so that I can escalate a complaint?
We had a holiday booked the first week of June which was cancelled - yet we are still struggling to get a refund.  The latest is that we "may" get a refund in 4 weeks but the person we spoke to wasn't sure.  My worry is that they are just putting us off for another month, at which point there will be further delays.
Hays Travel head office has said that they cannot speak to me as we booked our holiday in a branch (which has since permanently closed), their website is short on contact details and the person we have been speaking to has said that they don't have a complaints procedure!
Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You are entitled to a refund for a cancelled package holiday within 14 days.  

However, due to the chaos caused by Covid-19 has meant that most companies are overwhelmed and struggling to cope with the load.  I know it's probably no consolation, but many thousands are in the same situation as you.  Even if you did manage to find a contact to raise a complaint, it's unlikely to help, it won't change how snowed under they are with cancellations to process.

If you paid by debit or credit card you could look into chargeback or Section 75 which might speed things up.
  • SarahB1
    SarahB1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, I get what you are saying however there is a specific issue that I want to escalate.
    Our holiday to Euro Disney was booked for the beginning of June - as the park was closed we could not go.
    The holiday was booked via Hays Travel and we paid Hays Travel however they are saying that they cannot refund us until Euro Disney have first refunded them!
    We have contacted Euro Disney who have said it is nothing to do with them - we have been chasing the refund for a couple of months and so far Euro Disney are in no rush to refund Hays, and Hays are in no rush to chase them so that they can refund us.
    My concern is that in another month we will just be given another "hopefully in one more month" type response.
  • Spainexpat
    Spainexpat Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have been reading lots of complaints about Hays Travel and I agree with one person that they dont have the cash reserves to refund until their supplier/airline refunds them.
    hope sorted out? or soon!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hays are fobbing you off. Your contract is with them, not Euro Disney, so the time it takes them to obtain a refund is not your problem. They have cancelled, so you have a legal right to a refund in 14 days. Commence a chargeback with your card provider if they won't refund in a reasonable timescale..
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • percentxxx
    Options
    Lost patience waiting  for over 3 months for an ABTA refund due to the Shearings collapse , spent ages on the phone ,lied to ,given false promises, So I turned my attention back to Hays who I paid in the first place , they tried to tell me my contract had been with Shearings !, I never had any contact with Shearings . I decided to start a section 75 claim on my credit card  ,they refused to give me formal proof that the holiday I paid them for had been cancelled or would not be taking place, still trying to steer me away, I have started the claim and included emails of their refusal , the crazy reason given is that the money I paid them had been given to Shearings and they don't have it! , Well tough luck ,they are in business which  is a gamble  and should know that is not how things work , I want my money back from the account that debited it in the first place 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback