Masters Loans

Hello. It says on the advice for Masters loans that you cannot apply for a loan if you have previously done a Masters. Surely this would only be the case if you had taken out a loan to pay for the first masters? I did my MA some years ago which I paid for privately and now looking to do a vocational MSc but will need a loan to pay for it. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,513
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    I will move this to the Student board as there might be more knowledge there.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected].
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,852
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 June 2020 at 2:10PM
    Trubble85 said:
    Hello. It says on the advice for Masters loans that you cannot apply for a loan if you have previously done a Masters. Surely this would only be the case if you had taken out a loan to pay for the first masters? I did my MA some years ago which I paid for privately and now looking to do a vocational MSc but will need a loan to pay for it. Thanks for any help!
    No, it's not only if you have previously taken out a masters loan. The same principle applies to all student loans. If you hold an equivalent level qualification then you can't get another loan for that level unless it's for an exception course, regardless of how you funded previous study.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback