New Post Advanced Search

Flight delay Jet2

2 replies 33 views
We arrived and checked infor our approx 15-50pm return flight Tenerife to Manchester on the 5/3/20. We boarded and waited for over two hours for the captain to tell us we were waiting for a part to be delivered to the engineers.  After a further hour we were told Jet2 could not get hold of the part and we had to disembark. Chaos ensued with no information given. Eventually an rescue aircraft got us off the ground at 22-00hrs. I used a claim form from this site for delayed flight compensation. It feels like Jet2 are taking the mickey. When I query what is happening I get the same response asking for flight number, lead name, departure airport, they then reply they cannot find my info.  The last email a bit different asking me to contact pre flight services🤷‍♀️ And advising me there would be a very long telephone wait. Can anyone advise me how I can speed things up. They have also asked me to fill in there own claim form which I did. I’m getting weary. Sorry for long post. Thanks 

Replies

• DrA_HarrogateDrA_Harrogate Forumite
    334 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Previously a notorious offender for not paying compensation, Jet2 had improved after repeatedly getting bashed by the Courts, so it's likely that they are overwhelmed by the amount of work caused by the current situation rather than being naughty. It looks like they do indeed owe you compensation (download Vauban's guide [google] to check) and send a stiff letter via Recorded Delivery with all your details to their Head Office (Low Fare Finder House,Whitehouse Ln, Yeadon, Leeds Bradford Airport, Leeds LS19 7TU). Should that not do the trick you are looking at an NBA letter floowoed by Courth Action, or enlist a nwnf law firm.

• malcolmalcol Forumite
    51 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thank you for Your helpful reply. Will try your advice.