New Post Advanced Search

Fit bath taps at other end of bath

13 replies 350 views
skellyeo03skellyeo03 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
hi i want to fit my bath taps at the other end of my bath, how do it go about doing this? Do i just need to buy a pipe that runs along side my bath to reach the other end were my new taps will go? That new pipe would be coming from were my old taps would be? Please see pictures attached for how everything looks at the moment. I want the taps at the other end of the bath because theres nowhere to hang a shower head at the end my taps are currently at. Thankyou for any help! 

Replies

• Martin_the_UnjustMartin_the_Unjust Forumite
    265 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Hmmm so you intend taking the bath out and turning it round?

In that case, all you need to do is extend the water and waste pipes to fit, but do make sure that you have enough 'fall' on the waste.

........and try not to damage the tiles.
  • BoohooBoohoo Forumite
    908 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭

In that case, all you need to do is extend the water and waste pipes to fit, but do make sure that you have enough 'fall' on the waste.

I am reading this as the OP wants to put new taps at the other end of the bath and not turn the bath round but leave it as it is now.
    They mention not having anywhere to hang a shower head from the taps they have so would buying a new tap/shower combo and replace existing taps work?
    265 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Boohoo said:

I am reading this as the OP wants to put new taps at the other end of the bath and not turn the bath round but leave it as it is now.
    They mention not having anywhere to hang a shower head from the taps they have so would buying a new tap/shower combo and replace existing taps work?
    It would be a most unusual bath to have holes for taps, waste and overflow at both ends
  • NileNile Forumite, Board Guide
    14.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email protected].

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ to the ‘In my home’ board’, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile

Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    53.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be far more reasonable to leave the taps where they are and add a separate wall-mounted shower on the other side of the bath.
    The cheapest ones at Wickes is £48 (not thermostatic), but I see even thermostatic ones for £20-25 on ebay.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • HHarryHHarry Forumite
    635 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Boohoo said:

It would be a most unusual bath to have holes for taps, waste and overflow at both ends
    Why would you need to move the waste and overflow?  Drill a couple of holes for the taps at the other end (assuming there’s enough space) and extend the pipework.
  • Mutton_GeoffMutton_Geoff Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    HHarry said:
    Why would you need to move the waste and overflow?  Drill a couple of holes for the taps at the other end (assuming there’s enough space) and extend the pipework.
    Why do a job properly when you can bodge it?
    It will look awful and I doubt very much there is enough space or flat area to fix taps to at the other end of the bath. From the photos it looks like the supply and waste can be removed then the original bath can be lowered enough to slide out, turn round and reinstall. Or fit an electric shower in a location to suit (you'd probably have to drop pipes and cable down from the ceiling to feed the shower).

Compensation/Refunds - £4,655 | Stooz Profits - £7,636 | Quidco - £4,365 | Tax Avoidance - £107,000
    All with a big thank you to Martin and MSE.com from Mutton Geoff!
  • edited 14 June at 9:17AM
    Norman_CastleNorman_Castle Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 June at 9:17AM
    No need to move the taps. I use a long shower hose, the riser rail and shower head is at the opposite end to the mixer tap. It works well.
    We always hang in a buffalo stance.
    265 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    HHarry said:
    Boohoo said:

Well I kind of assumed that the OP would have liked to have done a proper job.
  • HHarryHHarry Forumite
    635 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Having the taps at the opposite end to the waste is a bodge?  Unconventional maybe, but hardly a bodge.