Young and naive mistakes - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search

Young and naive mistakes

40 replies 2.8K views
124»

Replies

• enthusiasticsaverenthusiasticsaver Forumite, Board Guide
    12.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In spite of the vet emergencies the debt is still down by almost £4k if your signature is correct so that is really good. 
    Early retired in December 2017

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected]
  • ApricotPlutoApricotPluto Forumite
    67 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    In spite of the vet emergencies the debt is still down by almost £4k if your signature is correct so that is really good. 
    Yes signature is correct. 

I'm really happy with how far I've come. Even got an Emergency Fund. Love seeing it all come down. I know there is going to be roadblocks - nothing is ever straight forward.
    Debt Free Journey
    April 2020 - £8180
    March 2021 - £2300
    Debt free date - August 2021 🙏
  • SmashingitnowSmashingitnow Forumite
    151 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Awwww such a sweet diary! You're doing really well and seems time is flying 
    March 2020 - 21k of debt; September 2020 - 14k of debt. Debt free target date September 2021 
    Diary of paying down debt whilst living abroad:https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6181237/5-000-miles-and-even-more-pounds#latest

• SarahwithloveSarahwithlove Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly life is always going to have hiccups but as long as you can clear it by next year that's what matters. 
    *RBS credit card - £1930.50* - £0.00
    *Tesco Credit card - £3604.30* - £0.00
    *Finance - £581.91 - £0.00
    *Dad loan - £5300 - £3900
    Total debt *£3900* £11,416.71

Emergency fund - £0/£2500

Mortgage Overpayment - £30.34/£1000
    Facing Reality - My Debt Free Diary
    67 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Well its been a while. A hectic while at that.

I went overboard from November until now. I genuinely though "f**k it" and boy am I slightly regretting it... I bought things I've wanted for a while but don't actually need. So not wasted so much stuff on food which is probably a bit better? Maybe? Just think I'm trying to tell myself that though. 😂

I've lost my second job for the time-being until they can open back up again so I definately have to take it easy over January. Hopefully with the lockdown announced it'll make it so much easier. Me and my partner are going to be eating more healthily as we got into a habit of getting takeaways each week... and we're not even a takeaway kind of couple - we'd probably have one takeaway every 6 months but we got into some habit of having one each week in the end. Told him we have to hit that on the head. Luckily he agrees. Christmas I spent a little less than usual as me and my partner agreed a £20 limit - rather than us both go OTT and get stuff neither of us will ever use! He went over the £20 budget by a considerable amount but he did get me the Lego set of the International Space Station so I shall be doing that over the lockdown in the evenings.

I'm going to spend the next couple of days looking at my accounts - I mean I'm still over paying them so I'm not worried - but I'd just like them to be at 0 then build up on some savings for once.

Hope you're all okay. :sweat_smile:
    Debt Free Journey
    April 2020 - £8180
    March 2021 - £2300
    67 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    In a bit of a horrible place (to me)
    In January I did 22 hours overtime in my current role. I couldnt wait for February pay day as it meant all the extra hours. At around the same time the vaccine programme were looking for staff so applied and got an admin role. Brilliant I thought every penny I earn I'll just send to the CC. So picked up 1-3 shifts a week. Was meant to be getting paid but nothing was coming in. Spoke to my payservices they said "whoops sorry we put you as monthly pay, have changed you now". Fourth week of working I finally got a payslip - I got a tax refund.. Someone I was working with said I'll get a couple of weeks of them and it'll sort out soon. Couple weeks later, still just refunds... Then finally got paid my February shifts - yay! Its all sorted". Week later just a tax refund... week after that.. just a tax refund.

Something wasnt right. Emailed pay services again, said some stuff back and to contact the company the vaccine shifts are going through as they've got me as monthly but I'm as weekly with them. 🤦‍♀️

Got my normal wage slip today... Over £300 down due to the tax refunds. Yet still not being paid regularlymy other shifts. I should'nt be getting these refunds each week! Nor should they make a difference to my normal pay! So This month I've had to cut my CC repayment in half then when I do get paid my shifts I'll send the money accross.

I'm sure (and hopeful) it'll sort its self out over the next few weeks though... Hate messing around though! 😂

Until then my debt free date will be anytime between June and November at this rate... 😂
    Debt Free Journey
    April 2020 - £8180
    March 2021 - £2300
  • juicyjackiebjuicyjackieb Forumite
    210 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    That sucks!! I did a check on my tax on the gov website and there is a 6k of my salary missing according to hmrc, apparently it’s an issue with our old payroll company not filing wages properly and it’s effecting my new tax code. 

When stuff like this happens it makes my butt sweat 🤪 but I’m trying to be patient but it so hard. Sounds like you have a plan to catch up though so well done, it will eventually pay off!
    Goal to Clear Debts £4592 Total Progress since 03/10/2020 £2802
    Overdraft £1000 PAID OFF JAN 2021
    iPhone £817 PAID February 2021
    CC was £2775 now £1790 Savings - £42.11
    Check out my debt diary here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6197423/keto-cash-credit-card-debt-goals-for-2021/p1?new=1
    Weight loss since 2018 following a FRUGAL Keto lifestyle Lost so far - 115lbs -85lbs To go!
    Follow my Frugal Keto journey here: https://www.youtube.com/user/juicyjackie
  • AntoMacAntoMac Forumite
    345 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Just found yr diary this morning to read through with my morning coffee and just wanted to say really well done. In your first post your projected debt free date was August next year, so you’re miles ahead.
    Of course the tax mess up is quite upsetting but you can overcome this bump in the road. 
    Anyway, well done and keep going. The day when all your money is your own seems not too far away now. 
    27/5/17 Mort 64705 BTs 19040
    31/12/17 Mort 59815 BT 16730
    07/04/20 Mort 49208 BT 15721
    28/07/20 Mort 47387 BT 12634
    14/11/20 Mort 45905 BT 10134
    Sealed Pot Challenge 14 Number 17
    67 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    That sucks!! I did a check on my tax on the gov website and there is a 6k of my salary missing according to hmrc, apparently it’s an issue with our old payroll company not filing wages properly and it’s effecting my new tax code. 

When stuff like this happens it makes my butt sweat 🤪 but I’m trying to be patient but it so hard. Sounds like you have a plan to catch up though so well done, it will eventually pay off!
    Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. As long as we get there and get through the setbacks all is good. Thats all that matters. That end goal.

AntoMac said:
    Just found yr diary this morning to read through with my morning coffee and just wanted to say really well done. In your first post your projected debt free date was August next year, so you’re miles ahead.
    Of course the tax mess up is quite upsetting but you can overcome this bump in the road. 
    Anyway, well done and keep going. The day when all your money is your own seems not too far away now. 
    Thanks! :smiley: 
    Debt Free Journey
    April 2020 - £8180
    March 2021 - £2300