New Post Advanced Search

Flight voucher refund ?

3 replies 51 views
smileruk1smileruk1 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Etihad are currently offering a 50% bonus if purchasing a travel voucher,directly from themselves, for future travel and valid for two years from August 2020.
If the airline were to go 'bust' before using the voucher, would a refund be available if originally bought  with a Credit or Debit Card?

Replies

• NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Be aware, reports suggest that similar "bonus" deals where you elect to take a refund voucher and defer travel until a later date may not be advantageous - the cost of the future booking may well be higher, thereby negating any financial benefits compared to seeking a straightforward cash refund.

• Alan_BowenAlan_Bowen Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are not refund vouchers, this is the opportunity to buy vouchers for future use, and if you buy using a card, you should be protected as usual.
  • AtwitsendAtwitsend Forumite
    11 posts
    First Post
    Hi I have an EasyJet flight booked on 1st July from Bristol to Palma de Mallorca. Returning on 7th July. I assume this flight will be cancelled due to FCO advice. However, EasyJet emailed me last week and offered me a voucher valid for 1 year but I have to let them know by midnight on 16th June. I would prefer a refund for the amount paid. I’m worried that all of a sudden the flight is actually flying and then I won’t be able to claim the refund or even presumably ask for the voucher. Any advice would be very welcomed. Many thanks.