Trying to get my debts off my chest.

Comments

• pinpins
    pinpins Posts: 46
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi
    A few tricky months with work changes and some unexpected big purchases so only a small amount off of the CC but I’m really pleased to have still chipped away at it. Hopefully it’ll be a better month from the next pay day. I’m aiming for having the CC cleared by the end of October.
    hope everyone is well. 
    £9150 (Jan 2020)
    Current Debt as of April 2021 £750
    Emergency fund-£1000
    Extra security locked pot- £500/£1000
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 10,925
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Small reductions are still reductions, pinpins.....at least the balance on that card hasn't been heading up in the wrong direction. We are debt-free now, inc mortage but you know, since we decided I would do a bank account 'sweep' into savings every month on my big budget day, I haven't yet had the same amount twice! Some months are just more expensive than others. The most important thing is keeping it all on a downwards trajectory & not being tempted to add to it.
    You will get there,
    F
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • pinpins
    Forumite
    foxgloves said:
    Small reductions are still reductions, pinpins.....at least the balance on that card hasn't been heading up in the wrong direction. We are debt-free now, inc mortage but you know, since we decided I would do a bank account 'sweep' into savings every month on my big budget day, I haven't yet had the same amount twice! Some months are just more expensive than others. The most important thing is keeping it all on a downwards trajectory & not being tempted to add to it.
    You will get there,
    F
    Thank you, Foxgloves. I needed that . I’m trying not to be so hard on myself about where I could be right now but remembering where I was and how I’m far from that £9K debt. 
    That’s amazing that you are debt free. 
    It’s hard when there’s unexpected things thrown your way but like you said, still heading in the right direction.
    P X 
    £9150 (Jan 2020)
    Emergency fund-£1000
  • pinpins
    Forumite
    Morning all.
    I keep going through waves of looking at the debt amount and getting frustrated that it’s sort of stalled a little, I know it’s still going down, I just want it gone.
    It’s being chipped away at and my partner still owes me over £1500 which he’s paying of slowly. 
    I did wake up to a £20 Depop sale though so I will take that off of the figure now. 
    Once I start getting paid from my new job  it should come down a little quicker. 
    P x
    £9150 (Jan 2020)
    Emergency fund-£1000
  • Have you tried online surveys too try and boost your income further?

Your doing really well keep going?
  • pinpins
    Forumite
    Have you tried online surveys too try and boost your income further?

Your doing really well keep going?
    I did a long time ago, are there any you’d recommend? Thank you. I know I am much more in control of my debt now but it feels like a long old slog. 
    £9150 (Jan 2020)
    Emergency fund-£1000
  • Theres loads of different survey site but i find alot are useless, or time you out or pay in vouchers i only use the ones that payout in cash. A tenner amazon voucher is no use to me.

I use an app called Qmee surveys are anywhere from a few pence upto £1.00-£1.50

I use an app called curious cat its the same surveys are anywhere from 5-75 points, surveys are 1 point equals 1p payout is at 100 points. 

And i use prolific academic its a website surveys are 10p upto a quid or two and its a 5pound draw down mark. 

I also use a site called opinium research where surveys come in via email. Surveys are 25p to 75p and 25quid is the drawdown marker.

I did in the past use others and hammered them when i lived on my todd but there are so many which i feel are junk or that kick you out 70-80 percent of the way through a survey.

I also use 2 receipt uploading apps, Shoppix and Store Rewards i dropped a fiver off one last week and 2 quid off one yesterday. Its not big big money but in a good month i can bring in  50-100 quid extra a month. I think it was 2016-2017 and i hammered the surveys and i earned around an extra 1500-1700 in a year off surveys and cashback and receipt apps

Another 2 good pointers dont use quidco, top cashback pays out faster I have done tests trust me. Next pointer if you have a nectar card and ever use ebay link them together, net result 2-3 things anything you buy on ebay you will get points, if you use sainsburies for fuel or shopping you get points you can then build the point then spend them on ebay. Also ebay is on top cashback.
  • pinpins
    Forumite
    Theres loads of different survey site but i find alot are useless, or time you out or pay in vouchers i only use the ones that payout in cash. A tenner amazon voucher is no use to me.

I use an app called Qmee surveys are anywhere from a few pence upto £1.00-£1.50

I use an app called curious cat its the same surveys are anywhere from 5-75 points, surveys are 1 point equals 1p payout is at 100 points. 

And i use prolific academic its a website surveys are 10p upto a quid or two and its a 5pound draw down mark. 

I also use a site called opinium research where surveys come in via email. Surveys are 25p to 75p and 25quid is the drawdown marker.

I did in the past use others and hammered them when i lived on my todd but there are so many which i feel are junk or that kick you out 70-80 percent of the way through a survey.

I also use 2 receipt uploading apps, Shoppix and Store Rewards i dropped a fiver off one last week and 2 quid off one yesterday. Its not big big money but in a good month i can bring in  50-100 quid extra a month. I think it was 2016-2017 and i hammered the surveys and i earned around an extra 1500-1700 in a year off surveys and cashback and receipt apps

Another 2 good pointers dont use quidco, top cashback pays out faster I have done tests trust me. Next pointer if you have a nectar card and ever use ebay link them together, net result 2-3 things anything you buy on ebay you will get points, if you use sainsburies for fuel or shopping you get points you can then build the point then spend them on ebay. Also ebay is on top cashback.
    Thank you so much for all these recommendations, it’s really appreciated.
    I have linked my nectar card up to everything I possibly can!
    £9150 (Jan 2020)
    Emergency fund-£1000
  • re nectar i think its 500 points and you can get a 5 quid ebay voucher that can be spent on anything 
  • pinpins
    Forumite
    It’s been a very busy month but with an unexpected bonus so I’ve managed to take another £400 off my debt. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it’s getting brighter. Still on track to be paid off by September, hopefully sooner. :-) 
    £9150 (Jan 2020)
    Emergency fund-£1000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills