SKY HD+ v SKY Q

edited 10 June at 1:25PM in TV MoneySaving
4 replies 278 views
cherry76cherry76 Forumite
734 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
✭✭
edited 10 June at 1:25PM in TV MoneySaving
My sky entertainment is due to expire soon.  Currently paying £19.  It has now been rebranded as sky signature at £25 on 18th months contract with sky q box at extra cost. I am quite happy with sky+HD.  Will it be to my advantage to change to sky q?  I understand if it is on loan then you do not have to pay to call engineer whereas with sky hd+ you will have to pay.

Replies

• Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to move to Signature on Sky+HD, you don't need Q for that.
  • The_Fat_ControllerThe_Fat_Controller Forumite
    421 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I re-contracted today, 3 July, Signature @ £17 for 18 months, Sports @ £23 for 18 months, £10 admin fee.
    Keeping my 2TB Sky+HD box as it's working fine.
  • cherry76cherry76 Forumite
    734 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I re-contracted today, 3 July, Signature @ £17 for 18 months, Sports @ £23 for 18 months, £10 admin fee.
    I upgraded to Q for £20 connection fees only because it is on loan and no engineer charge when call out.  My sky+ HD is getting old. Signature at £17 a month.  Saying that my friend is paying his  at £13. I am quite happy with mine.

• Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    cherry76 said:
    I upgraded to Q for £20 connection fees only because it is on loan and no engineer charge when call out.  My sky+ HD is getting old. Signature at £17 a month.  Saying that my friend is paying his  at £13. I am quite happy with mine.

All Sky+HD boxes are "getting old".  Its not current technology.  The most recent revision to that platform was the DRX895WL, which was pushed out in 2014.