New Post Advanced Search

A Wedding in September?

3 replies 197 views
Hi All, 
We have an invite to a wedding in September, it's indoor and will be for 100 people. No social distancing. The event is at an hotel in the North of England. Originally we were told it was cancelled, however, other the past few weeks the groom to be has said it's business as usual for September. Is this in any way realistic in the current climate? 

Replies

• Grumpy_chapGrumpy_chap Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, too, would like to know as we have been invited to a wedding in September that was postponed from June.

I suspect the fact the hotel changed the date to then indicates they are at least hopeful.
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I have moved your thread to the Weddings board for more responses.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows what the 'current climate' will be in 3 months time?
    3 months ago, pubs and restaurants weren't shut and lockdown hadn't been announced and hundreds of thousands of people were looking forward to their holidays.
    There is talk of reviewing the 2 metre distancing rule soon and there is time for that to be reviewed again before either of the weddings.
    There is also time for the second wave to hit and things to be back as they were 2 months ago.