Hermes Parcel shop tracking not working

Seems there is a problem at Hermes parcel shop tracking.  They are not accepting parcels as scanners are not working.  Been to 2 parcel shops this morning before I realised that it is not just a local problem.  So anyone thinking of dropping of parcels today, save yourself a journey.     Also if anyone finds that they have started to work again, please report here.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,188 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Some where or other someone has posted an announcement - it might be on the ebay community boards if it isn't on here. Apparently they have had a major issue and several days parcels have not been scanned and  have not been delivered as the lack of scans basically loses them from the system. This was a few days back and I will see if I can find it.

If this has happened again then it might be worth avoiding them until we know their system has been fixed. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • **woody123**
    **woody123** Posts: 598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I also took a Hermes parcel to a shop this morning and he told me that Hermes scanners were down so he couldn't accept it.

It's an amazon return.  Do you know if I could cancel the return and redo it with the post office. Obviously I wish I had done with the post office to start off with now.
  • sue1976
    sue1976 Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I returned a parcel via Hermes  around 4pm this afternoon without any problem. 
  • rose_sparky
    rose_sparky Posts: 939 Forumite
    Can someone please advise how to find and submit a claim form to Hermes.
    i have three missing parcels due to their label error as mentioned above. I’m getting emails addressed to the recipient saying it’s in transit, never had that before, it’s a massive c*ck up.
    buyers are wanting refunds and I don’t want negative feedback so will probably comply.
    I’m housebound so pay extra for parcels are collected from me.
    Automated on line chat is a waste of time just telling me parcel has been collected and phone lines are impossible 
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 June 2020 at 11:17AM
    Can someone please advise how to find and submit a claim form to Hermes.
    i have three missing parcels due to their label error as mentioned above. I’m getting emails addressed to the recipient saying it’s in transit, never had that before, it’s a massive c*ck up.
    buyers are wanting refunds and I don’t want negative feedback so will probably comply.
    I’m housebound so pay extra for parcels are collected from me.
    Automated on line chat is a waste of time just telling me parcel has been collected and phone lines are impossible 
    The process is listed here

https://support.myhermes.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/471/~/submitting-a-claim#gs=eyJndWlkZUlEIjoxOSwicXVlc3Rpb25JRCI6MSwicmVzcG9uc2VJRCI6MSwiZ3VpZGVTZXNzaW9uIjoiZjhKVzQ5TG8iLCJzZXNzaW9uSUQiOiJmOEpXNDlMbyJ9

8. How to make claims for compensation
    8.1You must notify us in writing of any claim for Loss or Damage or Late Delivery within 28 days of the date of the relevant Order. If you fail to do so, we will not be liable to you for it, except where you are able to prove that it was not possible for you to notify us of your claim in writing within this time limit.
    8.2When we receive your claim for Compensation, we will require you to back up your claim by providing us with any relevant information about the relevant Parcel and or Goods including without limitation:
    8.2.1proof of the Parcel's dispatch;
    8.2.2estimates for the repair of the Goods;
    8.2.3proof of the value of the Goods;
    8.2.4the cost price of the Goods and related proof including receipts; and
    8.2.5details of the weight, size, volume and nature of the Goods.
    8.3In the case of alleged Damage, you must ensure that the Parcel, its packaging and the Goods are held for inspection at the Delivery Point.
    8.4We may make any investigations that we think are necessary to check out any claim.
    8.5Any claim for Compensation must be made on a properly completed Claim Form. You must send this Claim Form to us so that we receive it within 14 days of the date that we provided it to you.
  • rose_sparky
    rose_sparky Posts: 939 Forumite
    Blimey.
    And this is their admitted mistake?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business