New Post Advanced Search

Standing Charge for LPG

2 replies 52 views
JLladoogJLladoog Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I have a holiday lodge on a holiday site without mains gas.  Instead gas is delivered by tanker to a central point from which pipework runs to each of the lodges on site.  In these circumstances is a standing charge applicable?
The reason for asking is that the site owner is being rather clandestine in utility bill calculations.
The holiday park industry is largely unregulated and open for unscrupulous owners to take advantage.

Replies

• burntwoodburntwood Forumite
    154 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    JLladoog said:
    I have a holiday lodge on a holiday site without mains gas.  Instead gas is delivered by tanker to a central point from which pipework runs to each of the lodges on site.  In these circumstances is a standing charge applicable?
    The reason for asking is that the site owner is being rather clandestine in utility bill calculations.
    The holiday park industry is largely unregulated and open for unscrupulous owners to take advantage.
    Welcome to MSE.

Who will you be buying the LPG from? Surely they will tell you the price, or they won't sell much ... and only then to the unwary.
  • dogshomedogshome Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the site operator who owns the storage tank and all the pipework to the chalets, and rather like your mains Gas/Elec supplier, is entitled to make a Service Charge for the installation costs and maintenance, with that said, from my experience holiday parks are not adverse to picking a pocket or two