New Post Advanced Search

Can’t find policy’s

5 replies 327 views
My father died in July , all his paperwork was ‘stolen’ out of his friends car. I can’t find his pension or policy’s and he was collecting royalties as my grandfather invented something ? But I can’t find the company’s that hold his money. 
Please help 

Replies

• DoxDox Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was 'all his paperwork' doing in one place? Doesn't sound very convincing. I'd have another word with his 'friend'.

Is there a will and do you know where it is? If you know where he banked, get copies of bank statements and they should show you who was paying him what.
  • xylophonexylophone Forumite
    34.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no will?
    Your father was unmarried at the time of his death?
    You are his only child?
    You have been able to access his home?
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    41.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • vikkilouvikkilou Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    Unfortunately I have moved to Devon and my dad passed away with out me knowing . 
    Nobody could find me or so they said, he wasn’t ill and had a heart attack leaving no will. 
    They had a funeral without me and cleared out my dads flat ( he rented ) 

my dad told his family he wanted me to benefit financially from his policy’s , but I can’t find them as they were supposedly stiffen from his friends car
  • lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    26.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t sound plausible unless you’ve deliberately blocked contacts on your phone, email and even then they could have sent you a letter.
    doesnt sound feasible that someone would put all their paperwork in a car (unless both him and his friend had dimensions).
    bank statement may help.
    did he have a will?
    did he have a partner?
    are there other children?
    who has been arranging the funeral and taking the possessions?