Easyjet vouchers not full amount

Options
Hi, looking to see if anyone has had same issues.
We have 2 cancelled flights for april and may with easyjet.  Finally decided to opt for vouchers thinking wise to use them next year.  As soon as completed on their website, immediately received numerous emails confirming this.  However, although the emails clearly state the orig amount we paid, easjet have confirmed a diff amount as voucher .....and its less!!  For 2 sep flights we paid nearly £600,  easyjet have confirmed vouchers of around £460 , theres a shortfall of just over £121.  We have looked thru the emails but cannot see why there is a shortfall in money.  Nor is acceptable to offer this while no one can get thru on the phone.
Any help or advice please
Thanks, debbie

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    took us 6 days and 3 hours of waiting on hold but we did get through to easyJet eventually to claim our voucher. Which was sent for the correct amount.  Can you reply to the email?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • debbie4
    debbie4 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will try again on the phone and see if email will accept replies, tho thats poss unlikely.  Its frustrating as thought taking vouchers was worth it.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you find out why they offered a lesser amount?
  • JoONI
    JoONI Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Did you get this resolved JPears? My voucher value - received just now - is £16.00 less than the £166.72 originally paid so thats not quite as bad as for some but its very frustrating as this seemed like the least hassle option for me.  If resolved do you have any tips for contacting EasyJet - I don't fancy hanging on the telephone for ages?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had no problem, it was the OP, debbie 4

If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • ikeringill
    Options
    I have received vouchers for several flights which have been cancelled. In each case they have not refunded the full amount, but have withheld an admin fee of £16 and, more annoyingly the cost of booked luggage. In each case, this amounts to over £100 each booking. I accept that they do not cover third party costs like car hire/hotels, but luggage is not a third party cost. Has anyone successfully managed to get luggage costs refunded or get a voucher for them? When I rebook at some point in the future, I will have to pay again for these costs. Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback