Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Asda delivery alcohol with security tags, struggling for refund - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Asda delivery alcohol with security tags, struggling for refund

22 replies 1.3K views
13»

Replies

• retro1981retro1981 Forumite
    34 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    I finally got a refund! After multiple phone calls and having to explain myself - I also questioned what the usual process is when the van returns to store & how goods are checked & refunded. They told me on this occasion the store must have "forgot" to process the refund & that they will "take my word for it". I didn't want to be made to feel like I could be lying. I will definitely insist on a photo or video in future, I am sad to say.

Just to clarify, I had ordered the alcohol in question, mainly due to it being on offer below what Tesco and Sainsbury's would charge. The tags used are the large ones cover the lid & neck of the bottle - I wouldn't have been prepared to try and remove these myself, nor should I have to. Asda do not provide a paper delivery note, but an email a few hours in advance of delivery confirming final price charged, any substitutions made and any unavailable items.
  • janebrainjanebrain Forumite
    86 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    retro1981 said:
    I finally got a refund! After multiple phone calls and having to explain myself - I also questioned what the usual process is when the van returns to store & how goods are checked & refunded. They told me on this occasion the store must have "forgot" to process the refund & that they will "take my word for it". I didn't want to be made to feel like I could be lying. I will definitely insist on a photo or video in future, I am sad to say.

Just to clarify, I had ordered the alcohol in question, mainly due to it being on offer below what Tesco and Sainsbury's would charge. The tags used are the large ones cover the lid & neck of the bottle - I wouldn't have been prepared to try and remove these myself, nor should I have to. Asda do not provide a paper delivery note, but an email a few hours in advance of delivery confirming final price charged, any substitutions made and any unavailable items.
    Glad you got there in the end, sometimes things like this are such a hassle!