Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Asda delivery alcohol with security tags, struggling for refund - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Asda delivery alcohol with security tags, struggling for refund

22 replies 1.3K views

Replies

• edited 1 June at 5:59PM
    Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 1 June at 5:59PM
    Personally, I'd have rung them to ...
    1. Advise them of the error, so that training can be given to prevent it happening again, and .
    2. To ask their permission to (carefully) take a hacksaw to the security tags, as these are ASDA's property.
    The tags are plastic, the bottle is thick glass. Only the tag is going to come off second best to a hacksaw.
    "Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• elsienelsien Forumite
    23.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve_L said:
    1. Advise them of the error, so that training can be given to prevent it happening again, and .
    2. To ask their permission to (carefully) take a hacksaw to the security tags, as these are ASDA's property.
    The tags are plastic, the bottle is thick glass. Only the tag is going to come off second best to a hacksaw.
    None of which is of any help to the OP as they didn't do that and now need their money back.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    888 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Will the OP confirm one way or another did they order the alcohol ?
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikb said:
    and had I kept the items, would I have been able to return to store, knowing I would set the alarms off? I would have been mortified.

If the alarm goes off while you are bringing things into the store, you are the world's worst shoplifter :)

This is where you would take a copy of the order made so you can easily explain it.

• edited 2 June at 4:53PM
    Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 2 June at 4:53PM
    elsien said:
    Steve_L said:
    None of which is of any help to the OP as they didn't do that and now need their money back.

The post was a personal observatiion.  I suspect that the OP may not possess the tools and/or skills and/or will to remove the tags. 
    "Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• fleemktfleemkt Forumite
    88 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Fortunately, I've not yet had to return anything to Asda.

Slightly off topic if I may - do you get a picking list / delivery note with your Asda deliveries?
  • DebranDebran Forumite
    272 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    fleemkt said:
    Fortunately, I've not yet had to return anything to Asda.
    Slightly off topic if I may - do you get a picking list / delivery note with your Asda deliveries?
    I've had an Asda delivery this morning and a delivery note by email timed 3.04 pm.
    Incidentally today was the first time since the pandemic that I did not receive my goods in carrier bags.  If this information is on the website then I have missed it.  The driver was very patient whilst I took the items out of his boxes.  I did notice, however, that the website says they are now accepting returns.

• milliemillie Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I had most of my order in plain bags this morning, the larger items like cereals were loose in the crate. Think it must depend on the store. The driver did take my unwanted substitution back and I had the message 30 minutes later to say it had been refunded.
  • fleemktfleemkt Forumite
    88 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    So there's no hard copy document to check deliveries, except to print off ourselves?
  • BacmanBacman Forumite
    273 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Steve_L said:
    Asda delivering the items to you means they have transferred ownership to you, including their tags. Easy enough to use a knife to remove the tag.