IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from UKPS - double yellow lines - please help

Hello everyone

I received a PCN yesterday from a company called UKPS which i believe is for private parking notices. It is because i stopped my car on double yellow lines. My friend stayed in the passenger seat and i ran into a shop. I know it is stupid of me to think but i genuinelly thought double yellow fines are given when a warden sticks a notice on the car but this was captured by a camera. I genuinely have stopped in the past on double yellows on roads while the passenger may run out for a few mins to collect something only if theres no where else to park. The PCN is £100 and it says £60 in the first 14 days. It says the reasons are parked on yellow lines and parked in no parking area. I wasnt obstructing nobody there was plenty of width in the 2 lanes for people to pass by. Have i got no leg to stand on with this and shall i just pay the £60?

Thank you i hope somebody can reply

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,169
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Was this actually in a car park or on the street?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,661
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 29 May 2020 at 2:17PM
    You do know you are allowed to briefly stop on double yellows on street to let a passenger board or alight?  They don't mean what you think they do.

Surely you've simply got a private parking charge from UKPS like everyone else here (and no-one pays but nor do you ignore it). The fake PCN is based on the twisted interpretation of double yellow lines, as decided by a bunch of chancers.  They don't mean 'no stopping' on street and they can't be twisted to mean that on private land.

You need to read the NEWBIES thread first, please.  That's why it's pinned to the top of this forum.  Your case is no different.

What's the full company name of this 'UKPS'?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • clive0510
    clive0510 Posts: 812
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    double yellow is there for a reason. you should only park there in the case of emergency,life or death situation or a accident obviously. other than that only vehicles that can park there are police fire and ambulance.
  • nabd_2
    nabd_2 Posts: 4
    First Post
    It was on the entrance part to a so called car park. Can i post a picture here
  • nabd_2
    First Post
    Thank you for your replies also. Yes but the thing is i stopped for 30 mins while my friend waited in the car so it wasnt a few minutes unfortunately.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes. If youre hosting on another site, break the link *change HTTP to hxxp, do not make any other change at all* and copy the link here. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 29 May 2020 at 2:24PM
    clive0510 said:
    double yellow is there for a reason. you should only park there in the case of emergency,life or death situation or a accident obviously. other than that only vehicles that can park there are police fire and ambulance.
    Not true. 

You need to read up on what DYL really mean before posting advice, because you are wrong.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 29 May 2020 at 2:28PM
    nabd_2 said:
    Thank you for your replies also. Yes but the thing is i stopped for 30 mins while my friend waited in the car so it wasnt a few minutes unfortunately.
    How is that unfortunate and how does it matter?  Your case is no different than all the rest.

Please answer my question after reading the NEWBIES thread FIRST (please):

You need to read the NEWBIES thread first, please.  That's why it's pinned to the top of this forum.  Your case is no different.

What's the full company name of this 'UKPS'?

Don't answer that as a knee jerk answer on this tiny little thread then sit and wait for more replies, please. 

Just read the sticky thread that tells you about all this!  

• nabd_2
    First Post
    Thank you for your help. I have attached the photo they put on the PCN.
    I will look at the newbie thread now, its just a little confusing and worrying if i challenge it and they dont accept the rep. They are just called UKPS based in Leamington.

Many thanks 
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 29 May 2020 at 3:22PM
    https://www.theukps.com/
    But they won't accept the appeal.  The NEWBIES thread tells you that. 

This is not the reason for appealing once to dispute a PCN to an IPC firm, and you certainly don't try IAS.  This is what the sticky thread is for...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback