Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

Phone partially working, where do istand with my provider?

New Post Advanced Search

Phone partially working, where do istand with my provider?

3 replies 121 views
raseysraseys Forumite
2 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi, I currently have a Hauwei p30 lite that I got in September, however over the last month the phone has been opening and closing apps randomly on its own and not operating sound correctly when on phone calls and not making and receiving all calls. ive contacted my provider to see if they can fix this however all they've said is they've lodged my compaliant and will be in contact within 7 to 10 days. if they can fix my phone, where do I stand in terms of contract? can I then leave without paying anything as they havnt met their end of the contract? has anyone had anything similar and can give a rough Idea opn where I stand. provider is ee. Thanks

Replies

• macmanmacman Forumite
    44.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The phone is under a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, better to contact Huawei direct to save time. 
    No, you can't void your contract, which is for the airtime, not the handset. If they can't fix it, which I assume is what your mean, they will replace it with an equivalent, usually a refurb. At present, I've no idea if repairs are being done due to lockdown.
    Have you tried a factory reset?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    15.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above back up data and factory reset.
  • victsinghvictsingh Forumite
    8 posts
    First Post
    raseys said:
    Hi, I currently have a Hauwei p30 lite that I got in September, however over the last month the phone has been opening and closing apps randomly on its own and not operating sound correctly when on phone calls and not making and receiving all calls. ive contacted my provider to see if they can fix this however all they've said is they've lodged my compaliant and will be in contact within 7 to 10 days. if they can fix my phone, where do I stand in terms of contract? can I then leave without paying anything as they havnt met their end of the contract? has anyone had anything similar and can give a rough Idea opn where I stand. provider is ee. Thanks
    1. How are you getting on with this? Huawei phones have a 2 year guarantee on both Google and Non-Google phones - so warranty shouldn't be an issue. If your service provider is being difficult stick on in there and get Huawei involved in the meanwhile, you can get there contact details by using the "Support" app built into most Huawei phones - this gives you details for phone number/live chat etc.

2. Also in that app you can run diagnostics (Not sure if that will 100% identify your problem, but worth a shot) 

3. Failing that you can also try backing up your data, resetting the phone and then restoring it - all technology can require a restart once in a while and it totally gets everything working again particularly if its a software issue (as you mentioned apps opening and closing themselves etc - this can happen over time or downloading the wrong type of apps, internet ads etc) - this is the best first response if you dont want to send off your phone for repair (could take up to 2-4 weeks with your service provider, faster obviously if you cut them out and go straight to Huawei)

I've been in tech for a while and those are the steps I'd take, hope you get your phone fixed! (Sorry about the numbers, just wanted to make it easier to understand)