Applying for drop kerb

Options
In need of guidance...I want to apply for a drop kerb outside my house but because there is a residential parking bay outside my house the council website says they will decline the application...is there a way around this?
Thanks in advance
Shah

Comments

• DOH_a
    DOH_a Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What kind of bay is it... allocated, disabled persons, resident permit or just a normal bay on a first come, first served basis?
  • SMRX
    SMRX Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Paid for resident permit for everyone In that area, but anyone with that permit can park there on a first come, first served basis.
  • DOH_a
    Options
    Is it just the one space or is it part of a row of resident permit bays? What I’m trying to get it is the potential possibility of re-locating this space elsewhere if it was a one off. It’d be a little more difficult to achieve that if it forms a row of bays.
  • SMRX
    Options
    It is a row of resident permit bays...you make a good point regarding the relocation unfortunately all space along my road has been utilised for parking bays excluding those that had drop kerbs already installed
  • SMRX
    Options
    I'm in a pickle because if I apply for it, it'll 100% get declined and the £169 application is non-refundable. I am able to appeal but I don't think I can produce a good enough argument to support the need for a drop kerb 
  • DOH_a
    Options
    It does sound like you will struggle to secure approval, irrespective of which route you choose. With formal Planning applications, you do normally get the option to re-submit a revised application free of charge but I’m not sure if that rule also applies to dropped kerb applications.

I assume nobody else on the road or other properties nearby who also have resident bays have been successful in obtaining approval?
  • SMRX
    Options
    Interesting...to be fair I haven't spoken to any neighbours regarding this. I have however seen one property approximately 2 minutes walk from mine that had a drop kerb installed within a parking bay thereby eliminating the muse of that spot by anyone else.
  • DOH_a
    Options
    Although it won’t guarantee you’ll receive approval, but if somebody else has had something similar done, in a similar location and with similar restrictions, then it will help.
  • SMRX
    Options
    I'm considering speaking to the occupiers of that property to see how they managed to overcome the situation, but I'm a bit reluctant to as it feels a bit odd to turn up at someone's door and ask about their drop kerb. 
  • DOH_a
    Options
    It’s only advice. Before doing that however, you could look at your Council’s Planning applications for that property.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback