New Post Advanced Search

TUI new form for refund

15 replies 892 views
On the 21st of May my wife received email from TUI with links to new online form to obtain refund of cancelled holiday of 13/05/20
(She received her credit voucher from them a couple of weeks ago) The form asks for booking ref, travel date, lead passenger name, then she cannot proceed any further because the site does not recognise her details !
Could it be that she has not used her voucher or registered it in their system, if so how do you do it.
Any advice would be most welcome. 

Replies

• pattycakepattycake Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I have filled in the same form without any difficulties.  Once I put in the holiday reference number, lead passenger and departure date, my details popped up and I then put in the RCN code.  All very simple and I received an email confirmation that it had been received.

i booked the original holiday online so if your wife is using the correct information I wonder if she booked in a store?
  • man5man5 Forumite
    22 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    My wife booked online
    When you received your RCN code did you do anything or was this the first time you had entered it.
    Also had your holiday departure date passed 
  • pattycakepattycake Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    My departure date was 18th April.  I hadn’t attempted to do anything with the RCN prior to filling in the refund claim form online.  A mystery as to why it’s not working for your wife.  Don’t want to sound patronising but she isn’t using the correct booking reference as shown on the RCN isn’t she?
  • SevenOfNineSevenOfNine Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    pattycake said:
    My departure date was 18th April.  I hadn’t attempted to do anything with the RCN prior to filling in the refund claim form online.  A mystery as to why it’s not working for your wife.  Don’t want to sound patronising but she isn’t using the correct booking reference as shown on the RCN isn’t she?
    Apologies for also sounding patronising, but I can access chunks of my booking through TUI & First Choice. Not that I suppose?  Worth noting the TUI UK do seem to be investigating some queries via Twitter - well, I say that loosely, they're asking people who Tweet with queries/problems to Direct Message (the private Twitter communication) them with their booking reference, so they can take a look.  Twitter novice myself, but forced to open an a/c & learn during this fiasco as it's more effective than other 'communication' avenues which slammed shut!
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • bobblebobbobblebob Forumite
    906 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a link to the form? Cant find it on their website
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobblebob said:
    Is there a link to the form? Cant find it on their website

If you mean the form to claim a refund, it's helpfully under the banner titled "I would like a refund' on the TUI coronavirus page.
    However, you can only use it if you've already had your refund credit code.
    And you will only get your refund credit code when your holiday has been cancelled - currently holidays up to and including 11th June.

• man5man5 Forumite
    22 posts
    We have double checked all details and the booking ref as shown is as on the RCN, departure date is correct and lead passenger is correct.
    Their system then tells us that it cannot  find any booking details.

• man5man5 Forumite
    22 posts
    pattycake said:
    Apologies for also sounding patronising, but I can access chunks of my booking through TUI & First Choice. Not that I suppose?  Worth noting the TUI UK do seem to be investigating some queries via Twitter - well, I say that loosely, they're asking people who Tweet with queries/problems to Direct Message (the private Twitter communication) them with their booking reference, so they can take a look.  Twitter novice myself, but forced to open an a/c & learn during this fiasco as it's more effective than other 'communication' avenues which slammed shut!
    I have now joined twitter not easy to follow for senior citizen,have sent I think question toTUI via chatbox?
  • bobblebobbobblebob Forumite
    906 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Does it apply to instore bookings too?
    For one of my holidays thats cancelled the ref number is in the format of xxxx/xxxxxxxx. No matter what i put it in it wont accept it
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobblebob said:
    Does it apply to instore bookings too?
    For one of my holidays thats cancelled the ref number is in the format of xxxx/xxxxxxxx. No matter what i put it in it wont accept it

Is it not covered on the TUI website?
    They updated their information a couple of days ago.
    They have a whole section on cancelled in-store bookings.