Rights regarding paid advertisements

2»

Comments

• askeym
    askeym Posts: 117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    davidmcn said:
    askeym said:
    If someone ran a company In Lithuania that provides bumps and charges for the option and one of it's employees put in a purchase then cancelled it so the bump is no longer an option is that illegal?
    I don't know. You'd be better asking on a Lithuanian forum. 

I did and this was their reply:
    Nesu tikras dėl vartotojų įstatymų. Deja, aš negaliu padėti.

I know Domestos kills 99% of germs, but I'm worried about the 1% that got away.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    LadyDee said:
    The "consumer rights" questions on this site get more bizarre by the day.  From a bit of lawn seed to secondhand clothes, in the midst of a worldwide pandemic when tens of thousands are dying ...........
    What a ridiculous comment to make... there has always something going on in the world since this forum began which is far worse than any problem posted on here but it doesn't mean that little issues should be ignored for that reason...

In late 2018 you posted about losing sounds on 2 TV channels when 1.5 million people died from Tuberculosis that year, so using your logic i should chastise you for that... how dare you!  :D
  • Takmon said:
    LadyDee said:
    The "consumer rights" questions on this site get more bizarre by the day.  From a bit of lawn seed to secondhand clothes, in the midst of a worldwide pandemic when tens of thousands are dying ...........
    What a ridiculous comment to make... there has always something going on in the world since this forum began which is far worse than any problem posted on here but it doesn't mean that little issues should be ignored for that reason...

In late 2018 you posted about losing sounds on 2 TV channels when 1.5 million people died from Tuberculosis that year, so using your logic i should chastise you for that... how dare you!  :D
    I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Just like a group of people in a bar, this members on this forum are made up of a wide range of personalities and wherever you go, you will always find the odd person who is continually offended and who likes to pontificate to others.

If LadyDee's point had any real merit, the forum owners might as well close down this website and the same goes for every similar site in existence.
    Yes, many people have died because of Covid-19 but there are always a great many people dying around the world so does this mean that if possible, life shouldn't go on as normal for everyone else?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 May 2020 at 3:49PM
    askeym said:
    davidmcn said:
    askeym said:
    If someone ran a company In Lithuania that provides bumps and charges for the option and one of it's employees put in a purchase then cancelled it so the bump is no longer an option is that illegal?

Translates as 
    "I’m not sure about consumer laws. Unfortunately, I can't help it"

Or in other words "Forget it!"
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • askeym
    askeym Posts: 117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    askeym said:
    davidmcn said:
    askeym said:

Translates as 
    "I’m not sure about consumer laws. Unfortunately, I can't help it"

Or in other words "Forget it!"

Lol.
    I know Domestos kills 99% of germs, but I'm worried about the 1% that got away.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    askeym said:
    Even if it was (and I'm not certain it is) how would anyone know or prove that was the case? Although your suspicion could well be correct, it will remain your suspicion unless others also experience similar. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback