£25 HL Active Savings offer - expires 17/06/2020

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone been paid this?

If you open an account within the Offer Period and also satisfy the criteria listed in clause 2, we will credit the cash hub in your account with £25 after the offer has closed and within one month of choosing your savings products. We’ll notify you by email once the £25 has been added
    Appears the T&C's are either wrong or not being adhered to.

Apparently it should be paid within a month of the offer closing.

Not within a month of you choosing your product.

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,598 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

If you open an account within the Offer Period and also satisfy the criteria listed in clause 2, we will credit the cash hub in your account with £25 after the offer has closed and within one month of choosing your savings products. We’ll notify you by email once the £25 has been added

The T&Cs quoted in the OP state it will be paid "after the offer has closed and within one month of choosing your savings products". That is not the same as "within a month of the offer closing".

• veryintrigued
    edited 4 July 2020 at 3:34PM
    Options
    masonic said:

The T&Cs quoted in the OP state it will be paid "after the offer has closed and within one month of choosing your savings products". That is not the same as "within a month of the offer closing".

I chose and successfully funded the product on the 3/6/20.

If I remember Boolean logic correctly the 'AND within one month of choosing your product' means just that.

It's badly worded.

• masonic
    edited 4 July 2020 at 3:43PM
    Options
    masonic said:

If I remember Boolean logic correctly the 'AND within one month of choosing your product' means just that.

It's badly worded.
    Agreed, if (the offer has closed) AND (it's been one month since you chose your product), then you should have received the incentive. It is not the case that it should be paid within a month of the offer closing. The time since the offer has closed is irrelevant, providing the offer has closed. I can find no evidence the offer has been extended.
    It is not badly worded, the meaning is clear. They are not adhering to the terms. You'd be entitled to pursue a complaint about this breach.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    masonic said:
    masonic said:

It's badly worded.
    Agreed, if the offer has close AND it's been one month since you chose your product, then you should have received the incentive. It is not the case that it should be paid within a month of the offer closing. The time since the offer has closed is irrelevant, providing the offer has closed.
    It is not badly worded, the meaning is clear. They are not adhering to the terms. You'd be entitled to pursue a complaint about this breach.
    They've already responded that they are now paying out mid July - a month after the offer ended - rather than what the T&C state.

Not exactly the most auspicious beginning with HL for me.
  • masonic
    Options
    masonic said:
    masonic said:

It's badly worded.
    Agreed, if the offer has close AND it's been one month since you chose your product, then you should have received the incentive. It is not the case that it should be paid within a month of the offer closing. The time since the offer has closed is irrelevant, providing the offer has closed.
    They've already responded that they are now paying out mid July - a month after the offer ended - rather than what the T&C state.

Not exactly the most auspicious beginning with HL for me.
    Personally, I'd expect at least a token goodwill payment as a consolation for the T&C breach.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    This was the wording in the recent HL email i received, as long as that actually happens i'm happy...
    When will you receive your bonus?
    We’ll pay the £25 bonus by 17 July, assuming you have qualified before then. If you haven’t qualified in time we’ll be making further payments each week, until the offer period ends.

We’ll send you an email to let you know when you’ve been paid. The £25 bonus will appear in the cash hub of your Active Savings Account. You can then choose what you’d like to do with the money.
  • masonic
    Options
    harz99 said:
    This was the wording in the recent HL email i received, as long as that actually happens i'm happy...
    When will you receive your bonus?

We’ll pay the £25 bonus by 17 July, assuming you have qualified before then. If you haven’t qualified in time we’ll be making further payments each week, until the offer period ends.

We’ll send you an email to let you know when you’ve been paid. The £25 bonus will appear in the cash hub of your Active Savings Account. You can then choose what you’d like to do with the money.
    That's an interesting email. Someone at HL seems unaware the Offer Period was defined in the T&Cs "1. This offer is available to anyone who opens a new Active Savings Account between 20 May 2020 and 17 June 2020 inclusive (“the Offer Period”)."

• veryintrigued
    Options
    No - expecting it tomorrow.
    If not I'll definitely be raising a complaint (see slightly earlier in thread)
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    No - expecting it tomorrow.
    If not I'll definitely be raising a complaint (see slightly earlier in thread)
    Email and £25 payment received and withdrawn.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure