MSE Eligibility Checker - 0% chance on all cards?

nswan
nswan Posts: 14 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi all,

So my current card 0% deal is has ended this month.  I ran the MSE check tool and all the offers came back with 0% chance of me being successful.     My MSE credit score is 999 and I haven't missed or had any late payments.   Is this due to the current economic situation and Covid19?

Many thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It's partly lending but also your credit files and history.

Check the data on all three. You may be carrying too much debt and present too much of a risk.
  • nswan
    nswan Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Will do, thank you. 
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    nswan said:
    Hi all,

So my current card 0% deal is has ended this month.  I ran the MSE check tool and all the offers came back with 0% chance of me being successful.     My MSE credit score is 999 and I haven't missed or had any late payments.   Is this due to the current economic situation and Covid19?

Many thanks.
    I have often found you get a different result if you try the various banks checkers. I have sometime found MSE give you 50 percent chance of a particular card but going direct it can be pre approved or a lot higher than than MSE's check tool. 
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Agreed - on the comparison websites I was given a 0 percent chance of a Virgin credit card - I tried their own eligibility checker - and was approved instantly. It's worth using the eligibility checkers on some of the credit cards own websites for a more accurate idea of whether or not you are likely to be approved. 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • coachman12
    coachman12 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The best approach is , as has already been said, to look at your credit history ( your credit score means nothing at all). Look at your file(s)---not only Experian---and decide completely objectively whether you think a lender would see you as a good, medium or poor risk. Then base your application on that honest opinion and apply for a 0% card or not as you see fit. Good luck.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback