New Post Advanced Search

It's time to begin.....

248 replies 13K views

Replies

• KakisteKakiste Forumite
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Been super busy this week in work but managed to slog through with most of the paperwork done. 
    Most days this week were NSD. Went shopping for work treats (i heavily bribe my form to behave but thats sanctioned and funded by the school so im not counting it as spending as its not my money) but other than that the only thing I spent money on was stamps. 
    Does anyone have any experience with Bulb. I switched to them about 18 months ago but they've been slowly creeping up their costs. I racked up a deficit during the winter due to joining them in the autumn so I didn't get the summer stretch to keep the gas use low. But I've not had the hearing on since March and it's still claiming my gas usage is high. I'm going to go and look at the specific numbers over this weekend. Currently my account is just over -£400 but hasn't been dropping and every few months they suggest i increase my direct debit. I've been sending them regular readings of both metres. 

Anyhoo, does anyone have their gas/electric with Bulb? How do you find their rates? And most importantly; could I switch supplier when I have a debt with Bulb?
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • edited 6 June at 3:37PM
    KakisteKakiste Forumite
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 6 June at 3:37PM
    Cleared my sewing backlog. Ordered enough material from a friend's sewing shop to make another 4 pairs of cuisse. Posted to my immediate friendship group and had two orders so made £60 from those, material will cost £45 so made £15 outright profit today and the further two cuisses will cost £0 in materials so that will be £60 clear profit to go into EF. The fabric will probably take until next Friday to arrive so I'm going to use all the offcuts of material from the last lot of cuisses to make arming caps (like a padded bonnet for under a helmet) which I can usually shift for £20 each whilst I'm waiting for the new stuff to arrive. 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • missymoo81missymoo81 Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s great you’re able to use the off it’s, such a great way to make some extra money! 
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Made £6 on prolific today and got the first arming cap mostly finished- about an hour of handsewing to finish it. 
    I've started cutting out the other caps from the offcut and it looks as though I have enough to make 5-6 of them which should make me a good £100 easily. Just need to crack on before the end of this week. :smile:
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • edited 7 June at 8:10PM
    KakisteKakiste Forumite
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 7 June at 8:10PM
    Spent £7 today. One of the lovely TAs at work is an ex student from a couple of years ago) who was hired by the head as a 'local boy makes good' style thing. Anyhow, he's moving into his first flat this week and as a care leaver he gets the first 6 months of rent covered for him but then he's on his own and because the rent support is a lot of money that's the extent of the help he's getting so everyone at work is donating/buying him stuff to kit out his flat. I've bought him some tea towels and some mugs and we're giving him our spare TV. (in the back room but not really used)
    I remember when I moved into my first house after uni- ended up with a houseful of donated stuff from friends of parents/older colleagues so it's nice to do it for someone else. 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • missymoo81missymoo81 Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah what a lovely thing to do! So kind! I remember my first house was a mismatch of Second hand furniture!
  • MumoffourkidsMumoffourkids Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Fab news on the sewing and also on the prolific cash out. Also what a great idea for the TA. I still have some of the plates I got when I moved out of home over 20 years ago.
    Emergency fund £257.38/£1000
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    All the kids were mental today- had to break up three fights and that was just in my classroom! It was an EBD day for sure! Swinging by shop on way home for parsnips as they were the only thing I couldn't get as my weekend shop. 
    Pork chop and parsnip traybake for dinner tonight (it's a recipe I got from BBC good food and I've really tasty.) https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pork-parsnip-traybake I thoroughly recommend it!
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I'm making a conscious effort to enjoy this week as much as possible. Found out today that my most difficult student is returning next Monday and he's a complete nightmare behaviour wise. (worth noting for context that I love teaching in a school filled with kids expelled from mainstream for their terrible behaviour) 
    So it's going to be a long 5 week slog to the summer. I'm determined to really enjoy this last 'quiet' week before the madness. 
    I made crispy chicken wraps for tea tonight, with salad and south carolina mustard sauce (Aldi own brand- very tasty) Nom
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    235 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    So husband has developed Covid symptoms today (he think it may be because he went to A&E midweek last week after a workshop accident) He text me at break time and my SLT sent me straight home with instructions only to come back once he's had a negative test. So husband has been to a drive in test centre. I'm watching the Good Dinosaur with sprog instead of teaching science.
    I hope his test comes back clear as other than obviously not wanting him to be ill- I want to be at work  when the difficult student comes back Monday- to support my staff, support my form and I've got an audit to prep for Ofsted on Tuesday with the woman in charge of curriculum, teaching and learning for the wider company and I could really use Monday lunch and after School in my classroom to prepare.
    However - until we're given the all clear, I obviously can't go to the shops and tomorrow was when I was going shopping, so inventive cupboard cooking it is! 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go.