It's time to begin.....

250 replies 13.2K views

Replies

• MumoffourkidsMumoffourkids Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Kakiste said:
    Yes I've been in the habit of having it open on my phone propped up whilst I'm sewing and then I can keep checking whether any studies have come through. 
    I’m a sewer as well. What have you been sewing today?
    Emergency fund £257.38/£1000
  • findingthisdifficultfindingthisdifficult Forumite
    426 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you've had a lovely day today, enjoy getting the bed to yourself whilst they're camping in the garden!
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £1,910/£3,161 0% interest
    Loan £0/£23,179 5.4% PAID IN FULL 31/08/20
    Total £1,910/£26,340 92% PAID

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

• KakisteKakiste Forumite
    239 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Kakiste said:
    Yes I've been in the habit of having it open on my phone propped up whilst I'm sewing and then I can keep checking whether any studies have come through. 
    I’m a sewer as well. What have you been sewing today?
    I do historical reenactment with the rest of my family (hence all the camping usually!) Our group we run is one of the biggest in the UK so I make clothing and padded armour and it's a nice little sideline where I know it's pretty much guaranteed money.
    Today I have been making cuisses (they're like padded leg pieces you wear under your armour to take some of the impact from stuff.) These are the last pair I'm making to clear my backlog of work and then I can take some more orders. I've got enough material to make another 3 pairs- each pair should at least bring me in £40- possibly more depending on who I sell them to.  
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    That’s a nice little earner on the side then especially as you have the ready made customer base there. I seem to be sewing lots of cushions at the moment although that is partly my fault as I advertised patchwork memory cushions made from school uniform for school leavers. But hey at least it’s earning me some extra money.
    239 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    That's a nice idea! I'm just trying to push all the extra money into my emergency fund account and let it quietly build up. 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    That’s a fab idea. It will soon build if you keep pushing little bits of extra money into there.
  • missymoo81missymoo81 Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your historical reenactment sounds fun, and great it can earn you a little bit of money too.
    239 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    1st June today- another £440 paid off- I updated my signiture and my total debt is down into the £27,000s (just!) Which made me feel very good. 
    Having a bbq tonight with some friends to celebrate the new rule change. Haven't seen 2 of them since March so really looking forward to that.  
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
    239 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Having a break from the sheer amount of paperwork i've produced in school today. I unexpectedly had two lessons freed up (my class were working on the little farm we've got as part of the school grounds) and I've smashed out a load of my paperwork for this term - I had it in my head but not down on paper so that's all now done and nicely filed. 
    I've got so much extra to do this term. 7 weeks until the summer holidays and I hopefully will be able to wrangle a payrise as we finish for the year. I started at my current school in September and I was told that due to wider company rules they could only bring me over on my current wage (at the previous school) but that the head would raise my salary as soon as my probation had finished- unfortunately (and a really long winded explanation) the head currently isn't here and the deputy has since left and the replacement obviously has no idea that this agreement had been made. It was my fault that I'm in the situation i'm in as I didn't get the payrise in writing. 
    But i've now got a written statement that the payrise will be linked to professional development and a series of targets- so I'm trying to smash the paperwork whenever I get a chance so that I can hopefully end the year with an extra couple of hundred a month which would be fantastic which would help me to pay off my debts much faster. 
    Bottom line; 
    £28,419 paid off 
    £20,587 left to go. 
  • FOMO_overspenderFOMO_overspender Forumite
    100 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Amazing on getting in to the £27,000s!

Also just read through your diary and on the Q re Prolific at weekends, I have sometimes done some on a weekend, so if you're having a quiet one might be worth having it logged in, just in case. It's been a bit quiet for me this week but sure it goes in waves.
    Total Debt @ LBM: £26,380.49
    Total Debt May 20: £22,600/ Total Debt June 20: £21,900/ Total Debt July 20: £21,170/ Total Debt Aug 20: £20,500
    • New debt total: £19,625
    • New % of my total paid off: 25%
    Debt Free Goal: December 2022
    My Debt Free Diary