It's time to begin.....

Options

Comments

• findingthisdifficult
    Options
    Wow your garden sounds huge!  Are the hanging basket brackets like this sort of thing?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dyna-Living-Hanging-Brackets-Lanterns-Minimalist/dp/B085RSJ9SM/ref=sr_1_18?crid=29DNIXEO0EZFM&dchild=1&keywords=hanging+basket+fence+post+bracket&qid=1590478011&sprefix=hanging+basket+fe%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-18

We're not really keen gardeners but I'm convincing Mr FTD that we should dig out our raised bed and plant wild flower seeds as it runs along the edge of the patio..I think it would look nice.
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £0/£3,161 0% interest PAID IN FULL 29/01/2021
    Loan £0/£23,179 5.4% PAID IN FULL 31/08/2020
    Total £0/£26,340 100%
    DEBT FREE AS OF 29/01/2021

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

• CreditCardJunkie
    Options
    Kakiste said:
    It's getting there! I'm trying to be a better gardener across the last two years so I'm making a real effort to do the less fun bits as well as the bits I really like. When we moved in it was all overgrown lawns and now I've got a bunch of borders and planters in. My favourite one has a Wisteria and Buddleia right at the back that I got as cuttings and they're both about 4.5 foot now. 

The contraption is the first thing that comes up on Amazon if you search 'hanging baskets fence posts' (wont let me post links yet as I'm too new)

I have a really long back/fence where the garden joins some waste land (that I'm turning into a wildflower haven on the sly, by scattering seeds I get free from work-) so it looks lovely out the bedroom window! :tongue: As a result I have 18 fence panels down that side and I bought a bunch so that I have hanging baskets, strawberry planters and tomato planters hanging on the fence posts so its what you look at when you sit on the patio. 
    Thank you! These look brilliant! Sounds lovely! We've been in our house almost 7 years and have done nothing with the gardens...keep putting it off because it's so expensive! During the initial lockdown we've dug out an area for a gravel patio, just waiting on the timber for the frame to be delivered which was supposed to be a month ago 🙈 
    Our front garden is quite big and all just plain grass, it could be beautiful but I would have no idea where to start!
    Debt Free as of December 2020 👏

Save 12k in 2024 #35
  • Kakiste
    Kakiste Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Options
    We just picked all the corners and put borders in and then slowly connected them up with straight borders. 
    Had a bit of a saving win today; I noticed whilst on my banking app that their platinum account comes with an all singing all dancing AA membership included and costs £21 a month. My AA membership with all the same features (Which a load of the other companies don't offer or offer for more than the AA do) has just gone up to £30 a month. So a nice saving of £9 a month there.
    Bottom line; 
    £49k paid off 
    Car HP paid off
    Debt Free!
    Saved Escape fund and moved out. 

Current focus; saving Emergency fund
  • Kakiste
    edited 27 May 2020 at 3:27PM
    Options
    Almost all the seedlings planted out now and some more wild flowers sown.
    So right now on the kitchen windowsill there is 1 baby pumpkin plant (the other one is 25cm now so has gone outside) and three 5cm tomato seedlings
    Myself and the sprog have also planted an apple core and a chunk of cucumber as she says she read (!) (ha, since she's become independent in reading there's been a lot of these exchanges) that planting them still in the plant makes the seeds grow faster. It makes logical sense as it would give the seed an additional food source so we've got two plant pots to see if they will grow. 
    Spent £3 yesterday on food group shopping. Got milk, eggs, two loaves, foccacia, sausage patties, lots of sliced chicken, cereal, a melon, cupcakes, biscuits, pasta two soups, a box of chocolates (:grin:) and then two bags of veg. Thinking of making three soups for lunch and then a curry and a pasta  for dinner to take us to the weekend. Had 'brinner' for tea yesterday and it was great.
    Bottom line; 
    £49k paid off 
    Car HP paid off
    Debt Free!

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oooh loving the sound of your garden. We have a tiny one but I could always plant something! And thank you for the inspiration on dinner, mushroom risotto, sounds amazing!
  • Kakiste
    Options
    I diced 6 mushroom and fried them in butter and thyme and then sprinkled them on top. It was very tasty. 
    Bottom line; 
    £49k paid off 
    Car HP paid off
    Debt Free!

• Kakiste
    Options
    Two NSD yesterday and Thursday. Need to go out for milk and cat food today though but other than that I've got enough to last until the next food group delivery on Thursday. 

I've signed up to Prolific on Wednesday and made about £6 so far once all the studies are approved. Anyone who uses it, is there any point logging on across a weekend or is it all working week stuff? I've noticed that I haven't been offered any studies post 5pm on weekdays. 
    Bottom line; 
    £49k paid off 
    Car HP paid off
    Debt Free!

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve been a member of prolific for a while now but only just got back into it since lockdown. I’ve just logged in and done a two minute survey worth 40p. Not much but every little helps. I think it is worth checking it periodically over the weekend. One thing I did learn early on is to check and not just wait for the email notifications of surveys.
  • Kakiste
    Options
    Yes I've been in the habit of having it open on my phone propped up whilst I'm sewing and then I can keep checking whether any studies have come through. 
    Bottom line; 
    £49k paid off 
    Car HP paid off
    Debt Free!

• Kakiste
    edited 11 September 2021 at 11:45PM
    Options
    Been swimming in the sea today. :smile: We live a couple of miles away from the sea and the bay we are closest to is really deserted- it's one of those 'the locals know It' and so there was us and about 30 other families on about 6 miles of beach. Lovely. We all went swimming. My daughter learned to swim age 2 (after watching Moana 75 times and wanting to be exactly like her!) so it was lovely to get her back swimming after our local swimming pool closed in March. 
    I think my husband and daughter are going to sleep out in the garden tonight. Sprog has a tent and wants to put her camping mattress in it. I think my husband intends to sleep under a blanket but he's pretty hardy. 
    We go camping so often usually that I'm not going to bother sleeping out when my bed is 30 ft from where they're 'camping' but I'll sit out with them to have a fire and do marshmallows until it gets properly dark.  
    Bottom line; 
    £49k paid off 
    Car HP paid off
    Debt Free!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts