JustGiving not allowing me to withdraw funds I've raised by Crowdfunding

Options
2»

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If everybody emails several times a week there will be a huge backlog of emails to be dealt with. Meanwhile the staff who are working cannot deal with problems because they are reading their way through the back log of emails
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    John_ said:
    I have, during Lockdown, been fundraising for several charities or causes. I have by and large used Justgiving which works ok if you can accept the delay of two weeks before the funds are released. However, I now have TWO SEPARATE cases where Justgiving is displaying (and has been for days) that funds are ready for withdrawal, and yet when I attempt to do so it flashes up an error message and tells me to contact support. I have messaged them several times by email and voicemail - and have not received a single answer.
    I am infuriated by their indifference and the fact that I cannot get to the money raised so that I can forward it to the causes for which it was raised. Has anyone else experienced anything similar - or has anyone any suggestions regarding how I can address the situation? Is it a case for the police?
    I appreciate any thoughts you have.
    If you’ve been raising money for charities then why do you want to withdraw it yourself? Should it not be going directly to the charities?
    According to justgiving it says they pay it into the fundraisiers personal account, I think it should go direct to the charity, whats to stop the fundraiser not passing the proceeds onto the charity.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hollydays said:
    There have been a dearth of irate people on here who have sent numerous emails to companies at the moment ( is this part of the problem) , and have similar problems. Patience is all that is required . We are in the middle of a pandemic. Staff are in short supply.Which bit of that don't you understand .
    Possibly your incorrect use of the word 'dearth'.
    Ah oops
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    sheramber said:
    If everybody emails several times a week there will be a huge backlog of emails to be dealt with. Meanwhile the staff who are working cannot deal with problems because they are reading their way through the back log of emails

This ^^^^.
    I don't understand why some people think it's productive to bombard a company with emails.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pollycat said:
    sheramber said:

This ^^^^.
    I don't understand why some people think it's productive to bombard a company with emails.
    Yes, this again. Causes nothing but problems getting increasingly frustrated emails from the same person when you're trying to resolve an issue. 
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, when I didn't get a refund on theatre tickets and was fobbed off with a short-dated voucher, I emailed twice a day until they got sick of me and refunded my money. Why shouldn't the op get the money to pass on in a reasonable time frame?
    Je suis sabot...
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Well, when I didn't get a refund on theatre tickets and was fobbed off with a short-dated voucher, I emailed twice a day until they got sick of me and refunded my money. Why shouldn't the op get the money to pass on in a reasonable time frame?

Or maybe they didn't get 'sick of you'.
    Maybe you just got to the top of the queue to be refunded...

Can Justgiving be compared with a company selling theatre tickets?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback