Amazing quick time for probate

Posted form on Sat 9th May, probate grant certificates arrived in post today, Tue 19 May.

Comments

• topsy73
    topsy73 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Wow!  That is amazing...sent my paperwork of mid- April for my husband and still waiting but I am anticipating around 8-12 weeks 
    Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to comp I go!
  • twhitehead
    twhitehead Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sent mine end February.  Got email this week from solicitor saying it has arrived.
  • ours went through that quickly as well
  • NinjaTune
    NinjaTune Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    For those who had a quick response re: Grant of Probate - please can I ask if the Estate was uncomplicated and clearly well within the Inheritance Tax amounts.

Just wondering if quick response is commensurate with the above.
  • AnAnonUser
    AnAnonUser Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Everything left to spouse. No IHT.
    Went to the Cardiff office IIRC.
    All done online.
  • MMH22
    MMH22 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Posted form on Sat 9th May, probate grant certificates arrived in post today, Tue 19 May.
    Dear AnAnonUser,
    I’m just starting the process of dealing with my Fathers will as one of the executors. He has left everything to my Mother, his estate is above £325k (no house included) could you tell me which IHT form you used as I’m assuming even though it’s over the Nil Rate Band (hope thats the right term) there's no IHT as going directly to spouse. 
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    MMH22 said:
    Dear AnAnonUser,
    I’m just starting the process of dealing with my Fathers will as one of the executors. He has left everything to my Mother, his estate is above £325k (no house included) could you tell me which IHT form you used as I’m assuming even though it’s over the Nil Rate Band (hope thats the right term) there's no IHT as going directly to spouse. 
    Start with IHT 205. It very quickly becomes obvious when you can no longer use this and have to use IHT 400 instead ;)
  • AnAnonUser
    AnAnonUser Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    205.  The details say, from memory that above the limit you must use  400 UNLESS you fall into one of three (from memory) categories, and  everything being left to spouse is one of them.

• DairyQueen
    DairyQueen Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If useful for others:
    Applied 14th May and granted 16th June (Principal Registry). Large estate but all cash (property sold prior to death when deceased entered care home). No IHT due. Tax/pensions/allowances/estate expenses resolved prior to applying for probate. 
  • Akmse
    Akmse Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    I'm a bit envious,  our house purchase has been stalled for months due to outstanding grant of probate further up the chain, all we get from solicitors that it's due any day now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback