Forum Home» Energy» LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

Symbio incorrect tariff on website and confirmation email

New Post Advanced Search

Symbio incorrect tariff on website and confirmation email

3 replies 32 views
nattyb2nattyb2 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I am have been a Symbio customer for a while and noticed they had a new tariff with a lower price and switched to another fixed rate.  On the call the customer service rep told me there was a cheaper tariff than the one that I had planned to switch to.  I checked their website and he was correct.  I did query whether the price included VAT and was told that it did.  I got a email confirming the 15 month fixed price and switched.  Now a couple of weeks later I have been told the price was incorrect and did not include VAT.  Where do I stand, must they honor the price the told me, advertised on the website and I had email confirmation of?  Thank you

Replies

• edited 18 May at 9:05PM
    Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 May at 9:05PM
    Welcome to the forum.
    You're likely to get more replies if you post it in Energy - this is the section for LPG, Heating Oil, Solid and Other Fuels.
  • edited 19 May at 10:50AM
    Biscuit_TinBiscuit_Tin Forumite
    782 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 19 May at 10:50AM
    nattyb2 said:
    I am have been a Symbio customer for a while and noticed they had a new tariff with a lower price and switched to another fixed rate.  On the call the customer service rep told me there was a cheaper tariff than the one that I had planned to switch to.  I checked their website and he was correct.  I did query whether the price included VAT and was told that it did.  I got a email confirming the 15 month fixed price and switched.  Now a couple of weeks later I have been told the price was incorrect and did not include VAT.  Where do I stand, must they honor the price the told me, advertised on the website and I had email confirmation of?  Thank you
    You were invited to form a contract based on an offer.
    You accepted the contract based on that offer.
    They confirmed the contract.

If that is a correct summary of what occurred, then it is also true to say that one party cannot then unilaterally change that contract.

Edit: All prices shown on their website are stated as including VAT. As I believe are the prices sent to you in their welcome email.