We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Iberia Compensation Issues

Hi 
First time poster. I had a long delay on a flight booked via BA earlier this year to Gran Canaria from London (Iberia airlines was the carrier). Long story short the delay was more than 10 hours.

I appealed through the CAA who were successful and Iberia agreed to compensate 400 euros per passenger.

I have not received the payment after 4 weeks (this in part is my fault as I gave them the wrong SWIFT code for transfer). Nonetheless prior to realising this I had still not been able to successfully contact them via email. When I ring them their customer service is terrible and there is no way to speak to a supervisor etc. 

Appreciate it was my idiocy in putting in the wrong BIC/SWIFT code (in my defence I followed what was on my bank statement, but HSBC have told me today it is a standardised SWIFT/BIC for all international which I didn't realise).  I have now let them know the correct code. 

In the scenario I get no response, how do I escalate this? (I want to avoid small claims court if I can). Appreciate everyone is busy during coroanvirus etc. 

Many Thanks 

Comments

  • Iberia certainly had an "interesting" reputation even before the current problems but their team in London was always tiny if that is who were dealing with and I suspect the office is closed. Spain has been even worse in the last 2 months, I think you need to allow things to recover before pushing. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.