Forum Home» Disability Money Matters

Would anyone with sight issues like to recommend a bank for online banking? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Would anyone with sight issues like to recommend a bank for online banking?

13 replies 202 views
2»

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    42.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use online banking you just go into the PCs settings and increase the font size then you can input all login details and read the account.
    I don't know the full details of my friend's sight loss, but I don't think it's quite as simple as that. Looking at the TSB online banking site, there are a number of boxes with very similar wording / display settings, and some of them are clickable while others are not. My friend is also more of an I-pad user than a pc user. Fortunately there's a competent adult child at home who can help to a certain extent, but they'd like their banking independence back!

Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • Richie-from-the-BoroRichie-from-the-Boro Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • DandytfDandytf Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nannytone said:
    I use natwest, but prefer the mobile app to the online banking
    +1 r.b.s part of NatWest group.
    sc dmp 2012 13k Dec' 2021 12375 paid 91% approx. Next update whenever.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month-New Rules 2020
    Mid 2019/20-Virgin Money e-saver 14.
    H.L. Active -Charter Savings .65% 50 u.k. pounds.