New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Tenants in common - correct Land Registry forms

7 replies 213 views
EthelnoshEthelnosh Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
My late father and mother’s property is owned outright on a 50/50 tenants in common basis. Probate has now been granted so my sister and I (both executors of dad’s will) can turn our attention to property matters. My mother is sole beneficiary of my father’s will, so she is now the legal owner of the whole property. It is impossible to contact Land Registry by phone at the moment, and we are confused which forms we need. We have handled everything else ourselves and hoped this would be equally straightforward. Land Registry’s online query service takes you to a list of questions, but whether we need form AS1 followed by AP1, or TR1 followed by AP1 is determined by how you answer yes or no to the question ‘is the person who died a joint owner of the land or property in question?’ We are unsure here as although they were legally joint tenants, they each had a 50% share. Also do we need form DJP? Great if someone can throw light on this please as think we might be going bonkers. Also believe this will be an Assent rather than a Transfer as no financial benefit. Thanks.


Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support