We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Refunds and cancelling work on my home
DeborahMontagner
Posts: 1 Newbie
I ordered a porch and a new front door at the beginning of January. It was supposed to be delivered and installed early April but due to the Covid crisis everything is on hold!
I payed a 20% deposit upfront of approximately £1400.
I payed a 20% deposit upfront of approximately £1400.
Firstly the product has not been delivered and installed and secondly everything is on hold due to the company being technically shut.
Today I received a voice mail asking me if I still wanted to proceed or cancel. But when I called them back to explain I was on furlough so couldn’t at the moment proceed with anything was shocked when was told I would be expected to pay for it even if I didn’t want it! Is that correct? I’m pretty sure I’ve got some rights, I never said I wanted to cancel just explained the situation and not possible at this moment to proceed. I was happy to discuss options and would be prepared to lose my deposit but certainly not pay for whole product If I am made unemployed! Can someone please give me so
e advice?
Today I received a voice mail asking me if I still wanted to proceed or cancel. But when I called them back to explain I was on furlough so couldn’t at the moment proceed with anything was shocked when was told I would be expected to pay for it even if I didn’t want it! Is that correct? I’m pretty sure I’ve got some rights, I never said I wanted to cancel just explained the situation and not possible at this moment to proceed. I was happy to discuss options and would be prepared to lose my deposit but certainly not pay for whole product If I am made unemployed! Can someone please give me so
e advice?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards