appling for licence after being revoked

Options
shufmuff
shufmuff Posts: 39 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
hi, my licence was revoked in 2015 for failing to hand in for points to be applied, i have not driven since but i now want to start driving again so i need to apply for my licence, but im not sure how to fill in the d1 form, do i send a new photo as the licence is not due to run out until 2022, i also have to change my address on the licence. im not aure how much to pay either. if anyone can help if you have been in this situ or know someone that has please help me as the dvla will only talk to front line people dealing with the coronavirus. thanks

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If your licence was indeed revoked, then it does NOT run out in 2022 - it died in 2015.
    You are starting from scratch. You need a current photo and your current address. I believe the fee for a provisional is now £43, but DVLA is not accepting applications at present unless you're a key worker.
    452 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Car_54 said:
    If your licence was indeed revoked, then it does NOT run out in 2022 - it died in 2015.
    You are starting from scratch. You need a current photo and your current address. I believe the fee for a provisional is now £43, but DVLA is not accepting applications at present unless you're a key worker.
    If the OP held a full licence before revocation and it wasn't under the new divers rule they'll get a full licence back. So no need to talk about starting form scratch with a provisional. 
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Car_54 said:
    No they’re not starting from scratch with a provisional unless they were disqualified under the new driver rule. 
    Their entitlement is still there and they’re applying for a new full licence.  
  • Car_54
    Options
    Was the OP's licence really "revoked"? Under what legislation?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Car_54 said:
    The only revocation I'm aware of is the new driver 2yr rule (which is a revocation, not a disqualification).

And "failing to hand licence in for points" would certainly hit the six point cap.
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AdrianC said:
    Car_54 said:
    The only revocation I'm aware of is the new driver 2yr rule (which is a revocation, not a disqualification).

And "failing to hand licence in for points" would certainly hit the six point cap.
    So you get three points and fail to surrender your licence. How does that become six points?
  • Car_54
    Options
    AdrianC said:
    Car_54 said:

There's also revocation because of disability. However, I agree that the new driver law is the most likely explanation for the OP's predicament. In which case, my original reply stands. New provisional licence and tests required.
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Car_54 said:
    AdrianC said:
    Car_54 said:

There's also revocation because of disability. However, I agree that the new driver law is the most likely explanation for the OP's predicament. In which case, my original reply stands. New provisional licence and tests required.
    Sorry but on the information to hand you're wrong.

Medical, new drivers act, issued in error and fail to surrender for points are the four reasons to revoke a driving licence.

I think section 99 covers them all.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    452 said:
    AdrianC said:
    Car_54 said:

So you get three points and fail to surrender your licence. How does that become six points?
    Quite easily.
    The 3 points for a speeding offence is the minimum that can be given and not the maximum.
    If you get a fixed penalty of 3 points and a fine for an SP30 then fail to send your licence off, the fixed penalty is deemed not to have been accepted by the driver.
    When this happens, the court could easily decide to issue the maximum of 6 points for the offence.
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    452 said:
    AdrianC said:
    Car_54 said:

Quite easily.
    The 3 points for a speeding offence is the minimum that can be given and not the maximum.
    If you get a fixed penalty of 3 points and a fine for an SP30 then fail to send your licence off, the fixed penalty is deemed not to have been accepted by the driver.
    When this happens, the court could easily decide to issue the maximum of 6 points for the offence.
    First off if the speed warranted six points on endorsement a fixed penalty is unlikely to be issued. What I was getting at is why would three points most certainly become six just because you failed to surrender the licence for points?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure