We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Asking sky for a fee reduction

we are about half way through our contract paying £27month for high speed BB

we just can’t afford it right now 

what is the best way to proceed please?

Comments

  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,626
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ring up , tell them things are tough for you , see what they can offer .

    You aren't the only one
    Ex forum ambassador

    Long term forum member
  • hansolo2000
    hansolo2000 Posts: 54
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    Browntoa said:
    Ring up , tell them things are tough for you , see what they can offer .

    You aren't the only one
    Thanks I’m doing it but not getting anywhere

    if I can’t pay it how long before they switch me off?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    if I can’t pay it how long before they switch me off?
    Pretty quickly.
  • OrbitHeadache
    OrbitHeadache Posts: 284
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 10 May 2020 at 10:22PM
    Browntoa said:
    Ring up , tell them things are tough for you , see what they can offer .

    You aren't the only one
    Thanks I’m doing it but not getting anywhere

    if I can’t pay it how long before they switch me off?
    What is the reason they cant offer your a fee reduction?
  • Maria2000
    Maria2000 Posts: 39
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Browntoa said:
    Ring up , tell them things are tough for you , see what they can offer .

    You aren't the only one
    Thanks I’m doing it but not getting anywhere

    if I can’t pay it how long before they switch me off?
    The situation today it can be postponed longer than normal 
  • hansolo2000
    hansolo2000 Posts: 54
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    Yes I hear they are not switching off people at the moment even if they haven’t paid for some time

    can anybody confirm or deny this?
  • Yes I hear they are not switching off people at the moment even if they haven’t paid for some time

    can anybody confirm or deny this?
    It depends on the circumstances, if you have directly been  effected by Covid-19 In terms of finances than they will help you if you have not been effected by Covid than they won’t help you.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.