LLOYDS CLUB GOURMET SOCIETY CARD

Options
Has anyone got one of these?
I applied along time ago for this and my card has yet to arrive, even though i am now a member

Comments

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't selected that as my benefit but where would you use it at the moment?
  • xlnc99
    xlnc99 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    At the moment its pointless i agree but things will get better. 
    The fact is, it is by far the best benefit to have. The other benefits are pretty useless. This offers you at least 25% discount when you go to eat, potentially more!
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    xlnc99 said:
    The fact is, it is by far the best benefit to have. The other benefits are pretty useless. This offers you at least 25% discount when you go to eat, potentially more!
    Only at the places it is accepted, Virtually nowhere near me accepts it.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    xlnc99 said:
    I applied along time ago for this and my card has yet to arrive, even though i am now a member
    You don't get a physical card; it's a digital membership according to the Lloyds website.  The Gourmet Society website says it works via a mobile phone app.  Presumably Lloyds should send you something to register via the app without charge, or some similar procedure.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 May 2020 at 7:47PM
    Options
    EarthBoy said:
    xlnc99 said:
    You don't get a physical card; it's a digital membership according to the Lloyds website.  The Gourmet Society website says it works via a mobile phone app.  Presumably Lloyds should send you something to register via the app without charge, or some similar procedure.
    Maybe a code to enter via the app.
    OP check your emails for something from Lloyds, maybe look for club Lloyds.
  • Speedbird676
    Speedbird676 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My other half did receive a physical card.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had the card a few years back and used it twice in a year IIRC - swapped it to a magazine subscription the next year.
  • xlnc99
    Options
    xlnc99 said:
    Only at the places it is accepted, Virtually nowhere near me accepts it.

Ile take your word for it as i havent used it. On the website it does say there are around about 6000 places in the UK u can use it. There has a list on the website of the resturants. Plus you can just search on the website the location and where to go for places that take it. Gaucho - very expensive take it. As do Pizza Express i believe.
  • xlnc99
    Options
    EarthBoy said:
    xlnc99 said:
    Lloyds said i would get a card in the post when i signed up. I believe you need to show them the card at the resturant to take advantage of the offer
  • xlnc99
    Options
    DCFC79 said:
    EarthBoy said:
    xlnc99 said:
    Maybe a code to enter via the app.
    OP check your emails for something from Lloyds, maybe look for club Lloyds.
    Got the membership number from club lloyds via email so i am registered. That came around 4 weeks after i signed up! I still believe you need the card to access the discounts if you are at a restaurant. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback