DWP payment abbreviations

Options

Comments

• storm1966
    Options
    The same in my bank too I’m just thinking that we have been switched over to universal credit now.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    storm1966 said:
    The same in my bank too I’m just thinking that we have been switched over to universal credit now.

No, this is definitely not the reason because you don't just "get switched" accross. Managed migration hasn't even started yet and even if it had, you have to apply for it yourself. It doesn't automatically happen.
  • storm1966
    Options
    So does anyone no why this is happening?
  • storm1966
    Options
    The abbreviations are DWP department for work and pensions, DP direct payment, UC universal credit, MID mortgage interest direct only I don’t have a mortgage so don’t no why it says that 🤔
  • susie82
    susie82 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Same has happened to my husband, on esa support group for years, bank statement has changed to this reference, he doesn’t have a mortgage so I wondered if MID stood for Midlands? He had a payment 2 weeks ago but not had one today so I’m going to have to call them tomorrow
  • Fwy_Kt1
    Options
    I have read, though not had it confirmed, that this is back pay from the benefit rate increase introduced due to the coronavirus pandemic
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Fwy_Kt1 said:
    I have read, though not had it confirmed, that this is back pay from the benefit rate increase introduced due to the coronavirus pandemic

You mean backdated money for those claiming legacy benefits? As far as i know it's not paid to those claiming legacy benefits, i'm one of them and i haven't received backdated money. Where did you read that?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Options
    Fwy_Kt1 said:
    There wasn't an increase other than to Working Tax Credits and Universal Credit.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sexyfairyqueen
    Options
    So apparently  universal  credit is replacing alot of benefits like ESA and that's why we have all been paid from a different  department. It's on the gov website about benefits. I have a picture of it. 
  • poppy12345
    Options
    So apparently  universal  credit is replacing alot of benefits like ESA and that's why we have all been paid from a different  department. It's on the gov website about benefits. I have a picture of it. 

Yes it has replaced all the old legacy benefits but this is very unlikely to be the reason for this because no one is automatically moved across to UC. When managed migration starts you'll be invited to apply. In the meantime, you'll remain on your existing benefits unless a change of circumstances prompts a move.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback