Premier Inn Refund

Options
I normally book Prem Inn when staying away in the UK but do look for other options
I booked a non refundable room for mid July for an event that is not happening now.
So fully expected to write off the 40 odd quid
I Just had a e-mail saying I can claim a refund if I wanted.
So claimed it, email straight back saying refund going onto card.
Now I am a Premier Inn customer with all my trips in the UK
This is  the polar opposite of Holiday Extras, who I made sure I had free cancellation and they refused to refund me.
Guess that company I won't use if the future (if it survives)

New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
" I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Always stay in Premier Inn as you know what you're getting.

only once claimed on their good night sleep guarantee & they paid up straight away - even though strictly speaking they had no control over my lack of sleep
  • manetti
    manetti Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I normally book Prem Inn when staying away in the UK but do look for other options
    I booked a non refundable room for mid July for an event that is not happening now.
    So fully expected to write off the 40 odd quid
    I Just had a e-mail saying I can claim a refund if I wanted.
    So claimed it, email straight back saying refund going onto card.
    Now I am a Premier Inn customer with all my trips in the UK
    This is  the polar opposite of Holiday Extras, who I made sure I had free cancellation and they refused to refund me.
    Guess that company I won't use if the future (if it survives)

Weirdly I've just had the exact same experience - a non-refundable room for a mid-July event that has been cancelled and I was perhaps expecting to write off the money for our Premier Inn stay. The email arrived this evening and the refund is hopefully on its way.

Further strengthens my liking for Premier Inn.
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We also booked a non refund room at Gatwick Premier Inn, was very impressed with their completely pro active contact offering a refund. Paid very promptly as well.  Great customer service.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Mrsn
    Mrsn Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have to say I’ve always had great customer service with them. 

I was due to go on a trip where I had prepaid the room and advised them I was in hospital so would they cancel the room, couldn’t do it online for some reason. They very kindly offered to refund the £56ish I had paid which I thought was a wonderful gesture. Have used them a lot over the years and will continue to do so.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another fan here.  Have used them for family trips for years, often twice a year.  The only tricky experience we've had is in a heatwave when the room we had was punishingly hot, but they did tell us when we booked that the hotel in question wasn't air-conditioned so it's a risk we took.  They did provide extra sheets (instead of duvets) and fans, and put jugs of iced water in the room.

The only thing I find is that the breakfasts in the attached pubs can be a lottery.  We've had some amazing places serving lovely breakfast but there have also been some awful ones.
  • Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've never had a breakfast there,  I have never been a breakfast person a cuppa char and I'm on my way till lunch
    I've had lunch there a few times  Table Table  are normally good,  Tyme (or something like that) I have found are poor.

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 April 2020 at 9:11PM
    Options
    If the attached pub or in house restaurant is good, then their meal deal can be excellent value.  Does depend on the location though, and generally if I'm away somewhere different I'll be out exploring somewhere for dinner.

Always found their staff excellent, they must invest in decent training.  That said, in recent times I've also found the staff at Travelodge to be equally good.
  • curtis122
    curtis122 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a Premier Inn room booked for the end of April in Dover called them in March to cancel, they were very friendly and helpful refunded very quickly. As budget hotels go I would favour them for any future bookings.
  • savings37
    savings37 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I cancelled a 'non flex' room for May and received a full refund, again in the bank about 3 days later.

Excellent service as usual from Premier Inn
  • Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's good that a company is taking a long term approach.

I remember when petrol was hard to get a few years back because of a strike, one garage put the price up to and clearly was profiteering.  Once the strike was over people boycotted the garage and it soon went out  of businesses.

This will happen again with some companies  because of this virus.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure