Halifax login blocked

I have tried to login to my Halifax online banking account for the first time in a few years and have been faced with a message and am unable to get further after entering my memorable information:
"There's a problem...

1400005 :

We're sorry, but you can't access your accounts online. Please call us on 0345 720 3040 (+44 1132 421 984, from outside the UK). for further assistance."

I don't use telephones. I don't suppose anyone knows a way around this without having to call on the phone? There is a generic message at the top of the site that explains they are receiving an exceptionally high number of calls due to the national crisis going on so it would even harder than usual to call. 

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Click on forgotten account details on log in details page
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    You don't use telephones? Any reason?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • Winston31X
    Winston31X Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 30 April 2020 at 3:26PM
    Click on forgotten account details on log in details page
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have now tried that and have been told I am getting a new password in the post. I am hoping this will "reset" my account. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be working. I haven't received any communication from Halifax other than generic changes to terms and conditions. 
  • You don't use telephones? Any reason?
    They are hard to deal with. Any decent company has an online contact option. 
  • george9071
    george9071 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I have that message showing up in my Lloyds online banking (They are part of halifax) and this is because i have closed my accounts so i would either phone them or see them in branch, i do hope it is a simple fix with the password, good luck
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Their call centre can be hard to deal with. I prefer to call the local branch. 

I agree, there ought to be an email/secure messaging option. 
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have that message showing up in my Lloyds online banking (They are part of halifax) 
    Just to clarify: Lloyds are not part of Halifax. 

Halifax Bank is a trading division of Bank of Scotland, itself a wholly owned subsidiary (commonly known as HBOS) of Lloyds Banking Group. 

Lloyds Bank is another subsidiary of the Lloyds Banking Group
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Vortigern said:
    Their call centre can be hard to deal with. I prefer to call the local branch. 

I agree, there ought to be an email/secure messaging option. 

The Catch:  To send a secure message, you have to be logged in to your account.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    A phone hard to deal with, not really, you just dial the number and speak or enter a relevant number when asked.
  • kuratowski
    kuratowski Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    DCFC79 said:
    A phone hard to deal with, not really, you just dial the number and speak or enter a relevant number when asked.
    They are hard to deal with, if you're deaf.  No idea whether that applies to OP, but in principle telephone cannot be the sole channel of contact.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback