Honeymoon booked with 3rd Party via TUI

Options
Hi All,
I'll be as brief as possible.
We book our dream honeymoon with TUI, however it booked by TUI with a 3rd party (gold medal).
We were due to fly on 6th May and noticed TUI mentioned they had contacted all their customers due to fly before 13th May. We had no contact. I spent 3 hours getting through to a TUI agent only for them to tell us we aren't TUI customers and we would need to discuss this with Gold Medal (even though they are trade only).
I tried to mention that the holiday was booked in a TUI store and all the paperwork is with TUI. They said we aren't TUI customers so they couldn't help up and couldn't give a timeframe of when Gold Medal would contact us or when we would get our money back. We wouldn't want vouchers.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated as it seems we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Thanks

Comments

• purcel
    purcel Posts: 1,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would advise contacting Gold Medal seeing you have booked through them.
  • Life__Goes__On
    Life__Goes__On Posts: 2,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Who was the payment made to, and how did you pay?
    New User name as MSE gave me a number in my old one.
    " I am not a number! I am a free man!"

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 April 2020 at 10:36PM
    Options
    The issue here is that you’re a customer of TUI Retail, but not a customer of TUI Tour Operations (i.e. you don’t have a TUI package holiday).  The main TUI contact centre is for the TUI Package Holidays so the agents there will only have access to the in-house TUI systems and won’t be trained etc to help with 3rd party bookings. 

The FAQs on TUI do seem to suggest they have a team to help those with in-store bookings https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/store-booking-faqs and have 2 numbers to try.  I don’t know if that’s the number you called though and whether they are different teams that can help. 

You could try and call GoldMedal, they have a number on their website. Although they are trade only just advise them of the situation and see what they say. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback