Currys PC World - No response on phone lines

Options
Hi. I've been trying to contact Currys over the past few days to arrange the return of an item. There is no response on the phone and yesterday I spent 2 hours waiting. I have tried contacting them on Twitter..they ask me to direct message them with details and then no response. Looking at Twitter this has happened to everyone trying to contact Currys for returns/queries over past few weeks. Some people have been on hold for hours and then been disconnected. Am at a loss what to do as there is only 21 days to arrange a return and there is clearly a major problem with customers trying to contact Customer Services or TeamKnowHow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated please.

Comments

• Barney_Rubble_0403
    Options
    I would write a complaint to
    Currys
    PO Box 1687
    Sheffield
    S2 5YA
    That way everything is down in writing and you are within your returns period. Unfortunately this Cronovirus has had a negative effect on most companies.
    I have an issue with the AA renewing our breakdown cover despite us cancelling by phone. Now can't get through to them at all so will have to go down the written route to get a refund.
    ::A
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/coronavirus-1222-commercial.html?intcmp=home~Coronavirus~n/a~1~n/a~spring~wk52~201920

According to the website:

While our stores are temporarily closed, we’re giving customers extra time to return products. You will still have 21 days from the date you purchased, but this will exclude the dates that your local store is closed.

So you have 21 days that the stores are OPEN for all of your returns. While the stores are closed your 21 days are not ticking away.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    They also mention: 

Remember – our lines are very busy with average wait times of over 1 hour, please only call if it’s urgent. Please check the FAQs section before calling us.

Your return probably isn't urgent if you follow the advice they give - so probably not even a need to make a phone call. Your answer is already there. Return it once the stores open. 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Ardent-Admirer
    Options
    I had to make several calls to Curry's PC World re a £100 refund that was not forthcoming. I was afraid that had I left it until this crisis was over that I would have not been able to recover the money I was owed. Each call lasted well over an hour before it was answered. I have now received my Virgin media bill, including landline phone (calls normally part of the package) with extra charges amounting to over £32 because I had exceeded the 60 minutes limit for each call. Phone was the only option to contact Currys PC World as they were not answering emails and had suspended their on-line chat rooms. A warning to others
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Each call lasted well over an hour before it was answered.
    To be fair to Currys, this is something that they make clear on their "contact us" webpage:

Contact us

Due to the impact of COVID-19, we’re running a limited service over the phone, so you may experience extended waiting times.

Our average wait time on the phone is more than 1 hour.

• KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Each call lasted well over an hour before it was answered.
    To be fair to Currys, this is something that they make clear on their "contact us" webpage:

Contact us

Due to the impact of COVID-19, we’re running a limited service over the phone, so you may experience extended waiting times.

Our average wait time on the phone is more than 1 hour.

And on the terms of his Virgin phone contract and on the thing on the wall called the clock! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback