New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Fitness during Pandemic

11 replies 3.1K views
I've inadvertently discovered "Rucking" whilst doing my outdoor exercise. No its nothing to do with rugby but is military inspired by walking with weight in your backpack. Here's a couple of links if you're interested?
https://fitatmidlife.com/what-is-rucking/
https://www.goruck.com/get-started-rucking
So I've slapped on a pair on ankle weights and loaded 4 bricks into a backpack and went out for my walk.
What other money-saving fitness exploits have you all discovered maybe outside of the usual running, jogging and Joe Wicks classes? :smile:
Projects 2020-
Joint driveway with neighbour (groundwork to be done by myself)
Reduce CC debts, overtime (new job during pandemic), moneysaving and now a 3 year old to pay for and newborn LOL

Replies

• SchoolworkerSchoolworker Forumite
    427 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    The other day when outside with the kids we found a skipping rope in the garden toy box. So I managed to Dona bit of skipping. Not something I would normally do but it was different from just a walk. 
  • KitmanKitman Forumite
    12 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    If you have stairs, walk them several times a day.
    Awesome idea!
  • BananaRepublicBananaRepublic Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I skate, as said in a separate thread. 
  • vitaweatvitaweat Forumite
    331 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    In Paris there used to be a rollerblade tour of the city where they closed the roads to allow the skaters through.  That was a lot of fun.
  • josewisejosewise Forumite
    20 posts
    10 Posts
    Push-ups and pull-ups are still able
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • charlielhydecharlielhyde Forumite
    12 posts
    10 Posts
    I am doing yoga, which is very relaxing...
  • MoneySeeker1MoneySeeker1 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Well I googled as to how far a "reasonably fit" person (not a couch potato and not a superfit person) should expect to be able to walk in a day and it seems to boil down to 5-7 miles. That's a distance that pretty much equates to 2 hours walking and so I've used Googlemaps to work out what locations there are out in a circle from my house that come to around 2.5-3 miles and figure on aiming for a 2 hour or so walk daily. Don't always manage it - but I'm conscious that I'm missing out on the exercise involved in my "regular" activities at the moment and it does feel like a little bit of weight has crept back on - though I still had a little bit of weight left to lose.

So - needs must and I don't want my muscles turning to jelly whilst I wait for life to get Back to Normal.

• chucknorrischucknorris Forumite
    10.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just increased what I was always doing, walking, running, cycling and weight training. 
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird
    The only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake
    Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".
    I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • GreattaSGreattaS Forumite
    7 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I started looking for training videos and I liked some of these videos. I'm learning to dance with the help of online lessons.
  • TomokoAdhamiTomokoAdhami Forumite
    130 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    Rucking is a new thing for me. Thanks for sharing but I have few questions. I noticed in rucking your back bear the entire weight so do you think fat from other parts of the body could be melted? Actually, when I was in school and holding my bag on back, my back was the thinnest part of the body. That's why this thing came into mind.