Help plugging in cable!

Sorry a ridiculously basic question I’m sure... but can anyone help with how I plug in this aerial into the tv, there doesn’t seem to be a port with a screw in... thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• edited 27 April 2020 at 12:19PM
    littleboolittleboo Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 27 April 2020 at 12:19PM
    They are satellite cables, do you have a satellite box, for example Sky or Freesat? Or do you have a normal TV aerial, in which case that will connect to the Ant socket?
  • Mister_GMister_G Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    And if you are going to plug them into a satellite receiver, make sure you straighten out the inner conductors first!
  • edited 27 April 2020 at 1:57PM
    cajefcajef Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 April 2020 at 1:57PM
    Those cables are for connection to a satellite receiver you cannot plug them into that TV, the socket on the TV is a co-ax socket for reception from an ordinary terrestrial TV aerial. 
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Ambassador
    49.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Twin feeds so a sky plus or possibly a sky q box 
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.