Redundancy help

Hi, i recently got made redundant as my compamy went into liquidation and i have a question which i cant seem to find answer to. 
I was with my employer for 13 years but on two separate occasions but thoses occasions were separated by 10 days basically i had another job and came straight back after not liking it, my former boss has told me to apply for my original start date which was 2007 but i did leave and come back on 2017 all be it after 10days and i dont want to get in trouble for not putting 2017 as my start date. Citzens advise and my manager have both told me to apply for the orginal date 2007 is this right? 

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

You can put whatever you like on the form. The fact is that it is untrue. You can put the original start date on and hope nobody notices (which they probably will not look that close at) but it is untrue as you said. So to me it is the same as claiming anything you are not entitled to, you left terminated the employment and then returned. I guess it comes down to your morals, are you happy to claim money that you should not be entitled to or not.

The below link has some information anyway.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/continuous-employment

• Reggie01
    Reggie01 Posts: 31
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is the company being liquidated due to administration? If so I assume you mean redundancy pay that the insolvency service is going to pay you. I am pretty sure that the insolvency service check all the information with the administrators. The administrators are getting the information from company records. If the company records say you didn't leave then you have your answer. If you didn't get a P45 then they probably didn't record it. If the company records say you did leave then you risk getting caught out. I don't know what the consequences would be if that were to happen. You don't say how big the company was. If more than 20 people were employed at the same location you can also claim the protective Award. Look it up on the Gov website.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback