Blue coin cards containing a Brilliant Uncirculated 50p, what do you consider a fair price to pay?

I am a coin collector looking for a fair deal for all collectors. I have no connection or affiliation with the company that sell this product.

Brilliant Uncirculated 50ps in coin cards are only available from one UK reseller authorised to buy the unpackaged coin and resell in their own card.

Blue coin cards containing a Brilliant Uncirculated 50p, what do you consider a fair price to pay? 5 votes

Current price: £7.49 delivered (300% Markup)
60% 3 votes
£6.55 delivered (250% Markup)
0% 0 votes
£5.61 delivered (200% Markup)
0% 0 votes
£4.68 delivered (150% Markup) or less
40% 2 votes

Comments

• oldagetraveller1
    oldagetraveller1 Posts: 1,264
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 24 April 2020 at 10:02AM
    "Blue coin cards containing a Brilliant Uncirculated 50p, what do you consider a fair price to pay?"
    50p?
    Oh, reported as canned meat too!
  • "Blue coin cards containing a Brilliant Uncirculated 50p, what do you consider a fair price to pay?"
    50p?
    Oh, reported as canned meat too!
    How is this spam - it does not promote or link anything, it simply asks a question to try to get a better deal for coin collectors in a marketplace that is currently a monopoly. If you think 50p is the right price, please read the post again - as I am also suggesting that the price may be too high.
  • oldagetraveller1
    oldagetraveller1 Posts: 1,264
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 24 April 2020 at 10:18AM
    Two others, so far, think it's canned meat.
    It's a 50p coin, therefore worth 50p!
  • Two others, so far, think it's canned meat.
    It's a 50p coin, therefore worth 50p!
    I am happy to add 50p the the list of options - I am not for or against collector quality Brilliant Uncirculated coins being sold, I would just like to see a price that does not take advantage of the people who want to collect because there is only one seller of the product and no price competition. Like the Competition and Markets Authority, I want to see competition for the benefit of consumers.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Is this a praise, a vent or a warning? I can't work out which.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • At minimum 50p but as with anything-it’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    I have several “rare” coins whose face value is less than £1 but I paid significantly more than that for them.
  • mrs_tittlemouse
    mrs_tittlemouse Posts: 6
    First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 25 April 2020 at 12:31PM
    Is this a praise, a vent or a warning? I can't work out which.
    Is is not praise - I am venting my frustration that a company can choose to sell at 300% markup because there is no competition. Customers wanting to buy collectable Brilliant Uncirculated coins have just 2 choices. Buy from this company at the price they set, or don't buy.
  • why should there be multiple retailers and pricing options. If you don’t like the price don’t buy.
  • mrs_tittlemouse
    First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 25 April 2020 at 12:31PM
    At minimum 50p but as with anything-it’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    I have several “rare” coins whose face value is less than £1 but I paid significantly more than that for them.
    Agreed, but at the moment the company with a monopoly is in a strong position - the customer looking to compare prices, delivery cost and service is in a very weak position.
  • mrs_tittlemouse
    First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 25 April 2020 at 12:32PM
    why should there be multiple retailers and pricing options. If you don’t like the price don’t buy.
    Yes, not to buy is the other option - but many coin collectors want to hold a full collection, so buy even though the cost is a concern to them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback