Royal Mail - Parcel Force - Loss Parcel

Options
I will try to explain you guys as better as I can. I ordered my new phone device with contract and 2 phone cases from Amazon all total cost me £1600 (monthly contract nothing upfront). My brother in law got delivered everything at his house and because I'm in Cyprus for businesses we decided to ship it here. So he went to the closest Royal Mail paid £100 for Global Express to ship it to me threw Parcel Force. The £44 was insurance that covers £1200. 8 days after he dropped it at the post office I still have the same status (Advised) that means our network ParcelForce knows that your parcel is there at post office and we are going to collect it. Then after chasing i got an email that the courier passed from there got all the parcels but mine wasn't there. I was so angry so I send back there my brother in law to find out what happened. The lady at Royal Mail said that my parcel isn't there and maybe the courier got it and didn't scan it, what the hell that means? If he didn't scan it by accident then he would scan it later at his depot that didn't happen so my parcel never left from there. So she told us the courier stole it? Or I stole it but I blame the courier? Still responsible the Royal Mail if they left parcel gone without scan! Anyway now he just fill claim form to ParcelForce with all the details plus the values of what we bought and spend for shipping and the post office is going to post it to claim Centre (if they don't loss and that one). If they find it great if not what? I'm gonna got refunded £1200 for something that will cost me £1600? So  £400- and without phone?  I'm so angry with them!! 

Anyone had similar experience? 
I can't cope ! 

Thanks guys

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    CostasCyprus said:If they find it great if not what? I'm gonna got refunded £1200 for something that will cost me £1600? So  £400- and without phone?  

Being underinsured is no one's fault but your own I'm afraid. 
    So I hope your 'phone does turn up..... 
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why wasn't the package insured for the full value? 
  • CostasCyprus
    CostasCyprus Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 April 2020 at 2:02PM
    Options
    CostasCyprus said:If they find it great if not what? I'm gonna got refunded £1200 for something that will cost me £1600? So  £400- and without phone?  

Being underinsured is no one's fault but your own I'm afraid. 
    So I hope your 'phone does turn up..... 
    Yes I know I should let him know to set the insurance higher because he decided the amount without to ask me. I hope the same but where the parcel can be now? I dont get it! The most logical explanation I have it's that the Royal Mail by accident gave my parcel to their couriers and not to Parcel Force but its since 6th March, when they will discover the mistake! Hopefully claim Centre will find out what happened and also find the parcel. I can't do anything else 
  • CostasCyprus
    CostasCyprus Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 April 2020 at 2:05PM
    Options
    1. My mistake I didn't tell him 
    2. His mistake he didn't asked me

To be honest at the end I'm glad him did even £1200 because I completely forgot that I have to cover it. 

Is there by any chance accidentally Royal Mail posted it straight to me without get involved Parcel Force? 🤔
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 April 2020 at 2:11PM
    Options
    Is there by any chance accidentally Royal Mail posted it straight to me without get involved Parcel Force? 🤔
    I think you need to be addressing your enquiries to the Postal Service rather than to a forum designed for  queries  about Mortgage Fee and Council Tax refunds!

No one here can tell you where your parcel may be now...
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Your brother presumably has the Post Office receipt with the tracking number on? 
  • CostasCyprus
    Options

Your brother presumably has the Post Office receipt with the tracking number on? 
    Yes and when I try to track it I'm getting this message. 

Your delivery

Consignment number:
    EE693499***GB
    Service:
    Global Express
    Tracking status:
    Advised

We have no tracks for your parcel yet. The status of your parcel will be updated in due course.

• CostasCyprus
    Options
    I think you need to be addressing your enquiries to the Postal Service rather than to a forum designed for  queries  about Mortgage Fee and Council Tax refunds!

No one here can tell you where your parcel may be now...
    I will thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It should also be noted that Parcelforce tracking is notoriously off.  Even when items are collected and in transit, they often sit there on "advised" well into the process.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CostasCyprus
    Options
    dunstonh said:
    It should also be noted that Parcelforce tracking is notoriously off.  Even when items are collected and in transit, they often sit there on "advised" well into the process.
    Really ? This is really good to know!! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure