Eurostar Refund not Voucher

Hi All
I understand that Eurostar has offered a voucher, but i want a full refund as i am not in a position to travel now or later due to safe guarding responsibilities. My scheduled ticket was 10-13th April on the Premier Service to Paris.. , I have requested numerous times since March for a full refund but they keep requesting a Voucher,
Any help please

Thank you 

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You can only keep trying or resort to legal action. There is no quick solution. 
  • WDW2010
    WDW2010 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi
    Please See screenshot below hopefully it will help.

We were due to travel May 12th for our honeymoon and plan on using this process to get a refund.
    Hazel
  • zayn
    zayn Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How do you know if your historical train journey was cancelled ? as mine was 10-13th April .

WDW2010 said:

• Mrs_lukeski
    Mrs_lukeski Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2020 at 4:06PM
    We had a full refund from Eurostar as our Ski Train was cancelled, we should have travelled 3rd April and returned 11th April.  It took a lot of perseverance and nagging on my part as they kept offering me vouchers.  We got there in the end though.  I found tweeting them was more successful than emailing. They also tried to tell us that we had booked through a 3rd party and so they were not liable for the refund.  Our booking was made directly with them on their website.  
  • zayn
    zayn Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you all. Managed to get a reply earlier today from traveller.care@eurostar.com who will refund my paypal for my cancelled train on 10th-13th April.  
  • We (a couple over 70) should have travelled to Brussels yesterday 22nd April. Eurostar have refused a refund and are controlling the hotel booking (for 3 nights) too. The travel company is Jetset. What are our rights, what should we do?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Magjan said:
    We (a couple over 70) should have travelled to Brussels yesterday 22nd April. Eurostar have refused a refund and are controlling the hotel booking (for 3 nights) too. The travel company is Jetset. What are our rights, what should we do?
    If you booked travel and accommodation through Jetset then that's who you have to deal with.  Eurostar don't have to deal with you because you're not their customer.

What do your terms with Jetset say about cancellations?  Did you elect not to travel or was the holiday cancelled by the operator?
  • We could not travel by Eurostar because the Belgian authorities stopped all travel. We actually booked the package with Coop travel and they use Jetst who are now saying that we have to abide by Eurostar options which are not acceptable at our age.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    This is the sort of supply-chain nonsense that I hope people pay more attention to in future.  So you bought a holiday from Co-op, who used another agent (Jetset) who then bought your Eurostar ticket?  Each link in the chain takes their cut and when things go wrong you as the customer are bounced between them with none of them taking responsibility.

You need to be dealing with who you paid, which now turns out to be Co-op.  Take it up with them, they are the only party with which you have a contract.

And just buy tickets directly from Eurostar next time.  This sort of nonsense isn't worth the few quid discount, even if you got a discount.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The Co-Op is not the contracting party, they are an agent who appears to have booked with Jetset. there will be no ATOL protection as there is no air travel but it should be ABTA protected. You would not be any better off having booked directly with Eurostar as they are not offering refunds to direct customers either. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback