Booking a 2021 holiday

Options
Afternoon all, I have been looking into booking a holiday in February 2021 and was wondering if it is wise at this stage? I think that it will all be over by then and the holiday balance doesn’t need paying until mid January. If I paid the deposit now and the holiday didn’t go ahead surely the worst that could happen is that I get my deposit back as a voucher?
Any opinions/thoughts?
Cheers

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its your own personal choice.
  • rothers
    rothers Posts: 201 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know, I was just asking for people’s opinions. 
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is there any particular urgency in having to book already? 
  • Retireby40
    Retireby40 Posts: 772 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Book it if you want. Dont book it if you dont want. Make a judgement on opinion. Theres certainly more important issues where opinions are important. This isnt one of them.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Personally I won't be booking anything for a while.  A holiday isn't essential and I'd rather not commit money and time to something subject to so much ambiguity at the moment.  It's perfectly possible, likely even, that we'll have a second wave of covid-19 once winter comes and travel restrictions are eased.  Until there is widespread vaccination it will become a permanent fixture in various levels of severity.
  • rothers
    Options
    Book it if you want. Dont book it if you dont want. Make a judgement on opinion. Theres certainly more important issues where opinions are important. This isnt one of them.
    Are you seriously suggesting that everyone is so busy giving their opinion on more important things (in your opinion of course) that they wouldn’t have time to do so on this? You clearly had the time to post that reply so presumably, if you had chosen to, you would have had time to post something helpful too, otherwise you could have just ignored it. 
    If, on the other hand, you are a moderator (which I assume that you’re not, I suspect you just like sticking your beak in) then I would apologise for breaking any rules that I’m not aware of. Until you tell me different I will withhold that apology. 
  • rothers
    Options
    Personally I won't be booking anything for a while.  A holiday isn't essential and I'd rather not commit money and time to something subject to so much ambiguity at the moment.  It's perfectly possible, likely even, that we'll have a second wave of covid-19 once winter comes and travel restrictions are eased.  Until there is widespread vaccination it will become a permanent fixture in various levels of severity.
    Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I was just wondering if prices etc may rise when everyone starts to book holidays again and whether it was worth getting in early. 
    Thanks again,
  • rothers
    Options
    Is there any particular urgency in having to book already? 
    Thanks for your reply, it’s really about getting to go where we want, when we want at a decent price which it appears to be.
    Cheers
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think anyone on here can say with any certainty if prices will go up or down. 
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    Options
    Very much depends on where you're going - if you're looking at somewhere that requires an infrastructure/element of luxury to be in place then you've more risk than somewhere where you're looking to be self-sufficient. For me unless the price was a bargain, you have (and could afford to lose) the money or the timing is critical I wouldn't be taking the risk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure